Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel in kilkenny?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

In the same boat in transit to motel since the 16th. And know few other people waiting over 3 days too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Had a delivery on 18th, still in transit,
    Hoping I get it tomorrow, but based on your comments I guess I'm being too hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

Have had two parcels so far this month and both took 3 days from when they were scanned to getting the text with the pin! Time of the year it's to be expected all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

So does Parcel Motel give you a NI address when you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

So does Parcel Motel give you a NI address when you sign up?
    You don't get your own NI address, you tell the UK seller to ship to PM's NI base address and PM will automatically forward it on to your local motel.
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My parcel showed up today, two days longer then usual. Oh well, least it got here eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'm just hoping no brain-dead winker sends me a corporate xmas card or desk/wall calender like they did last year to my PM address.
    Fuming doesn't adequately express the rage and sheer hatred I felt against that company (printerbase uk) for their sheer stupidity.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Just wondering if any other folks are currently experiencing delays in having their parcels show up - If so, what is / was your wait time?

My Xmas bounty hit the locker this morning - so t'was a 5 day wait in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Cabaal wrote: »
    My parcel showed up today, two days longer then usual. Oh well, least it got here eventually
    Mine too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭dathi

like to thank the courier who spent most of Christmas eve filling the lockers at parcel motel kilkenny as quick as people emptied them got prezzie just in time.

• Advertisement

With the Topaz on the Waterford Rd closed temporarily & the lockers inaccessible, where are folks packages being delivered to?

With the Topaz on the Waterford Rd closed temporarily & the lockers inaccessible, where are folks packages being delivered to?

When did they become inaccessible exactly?
    I collected something yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Definitely not inaccessible. I too collected something yesterday

fg1406 wrote: »
    Definitely not inaccessible. I too collected something yesterday

Something to raise with ParcelMotel on facebook/twitter then

They have no other locker in Kilkenny (unless setup today) so they'll need to get it sorted asap

Cabaal wrote: »
    When did they become inaccessible exactly?
    I collected something yesterday :)

I presumed the entire site was boarded up - have they left an entry to the lockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

I presumed the entire site was boarded up - have they left an entry to the lockers?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

An Post do a service called Address Pal which is similiar. Your package is delivered to an address in St. Albans and then shipped to your local post office, you are sent an email when it arrives and the service costs something like 3.75 euro. I have used it many times and it is excellent.

Zelda247 wrote: »
    An Post do a service called Address Pal which is similiar. Your package is delivered to an address in St. Albans and then shipped to your local post office, you are sent an email when it arrives and the service costs something like 3.75 euro. I have used it many times and it is excellent.

Have used it once or twice myself, but it's being slated currently on the online buying & auctions forum, due to no tracking facility & some parcels either going missing or being ripped open somewhere en route to the customer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057516584&page=78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Have used it once or twice myself, but it's being slated currently on the online buying & auctions forum, due to no tracking facility & some parcels either going missing or being ripped open somewhere en route to the customer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057516584&page=78

Ah that's a shame, as I say I had no problems but maybe I was lucky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

Whats this about, I was only there a couple of days ago collecting a few parcels from Abdullah and Tommo my mates from Skerries. its working fine no hassle lads keep on trucking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What happens in event of parcel needing a signature, as every parcel tends to need a signature when delivered. Can one buy from a Pharmacy in UK and have it posted through the NI Address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Yes, PM will sign for the parcel

There's a thread all about Parcel Motel here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

:)

How exactly do you get a NI address.
    Is it normal address with a name for example

Phil T Phelan
    52 Hopeless Street
    Newry NW7R34
    UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

When you sign up, they give you the address to use. It's the same address for everyone, the only difference is your name and account number. The format is:

John Smith
    PM123456
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

When signing up, you choose which Parcel Motel is nearest to you, so when they receive a package for you, they know where to deliver it. When it arrives at the Motel you chose, you get a text with a PIN number to open the locker.

Can this be used for prescriptions, legal doctor prescribed prescriptions that one can buy cheaper on uk pharmacy site.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Can this be used for prescriptions, legal doctor prescribed prescriptions that one can buy cheaper on uk pharmacy site.

Their list of acceptable items is on their site.
    Apart from that, the dispensing pharmacy might raise an objection if it's obviously going to a non-residential address.
    Try it and see. I'd be surprised if it fails, to be honest.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

"Prescriptions"?

Fitting username eh boyo ;)

Advertisement