Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic - what figure to quote

Options
  • 23-11-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi,

I run a website which is aimed at a niche market.

I have some advertising space on offer (tie-in with a feature on the site) and a couple of businesses have approached me in relation to advertising.

They are looking to know what traffic the site attracts. Just wondering what is the standard way of providing this information?

I have webalizer, awstats etc. but am not sure what traffic figures the client would expect.

e.g. I can see

Unique visitors
    Number of visits
    Pages
    Hits

Should I just quote number of uniques and number of pages?

Thanks for any advice,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The average spend of people in your niche market. The numbers of unique visitors and page impressions (human not search engine/scraper) per day, per week and per month.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Think it really boils down to Unique numbers Per month .. Average time spend on site and how many page impressions per user

Also what may add value to the advertisment is demographic such as male/female ratio, the rest to a marketer google analytics may not show effectively or be needed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

I'd also go for Uniques, Pageviews and possible time on site to show engagement.
    on another note - your better getting away from webalizer and awstats - go for GA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Think it really boils down to Unique numbers Per month .. Average time spend on site and how many page impressions per user
    Agreed. The monthly figure is important but for a niche, there might be cyclic or seasonal trends that a single monthly figure would miss. A site focused on a weekend activity might get little traffic for the first part of the week but a build up in traffic towards the end of the week. The same would apply for a Summer or Winter activity site. The main thing would be to provide as much traffic stats as possible to make the case for advertising on the site. The other thing is if there are long period stats, it would enable the advertiser to see if there are quality issues by matching it with major Google events.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

I suggest creating a Google Analytics report as the easiest solution for yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement