Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICTU Anti-Austerity March

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Am Chile wrote: »
    I know some people couldn,t of made to dublin yesterday for the national pre budget protest-I see from facebook there is to be local pre budget protest next saturday starting at the glen from 14.00-it will be Interesting to see how much coverage Wlr gives during the week about the pre budget march.

http://www.facebook.com/events/299448740164387/

Now this is something that I see as being absolutely pointless. The budget is going to go ahead completely as planned regardless of any protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I had to wash the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I passed by the protest as I was doing the shopping at the weekend. One of the signs held up in the Waterford contingent was "FREEMASON KENNY HELPS TO MURDER CHILDREN." :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

If a person is marching, are they marching because they want to see government spending cut, or are they marching because they want to see taxation increase?

will any of the organisers/speakers be spelling out exactly how they would bridge the deficit? Do they have any idea how we could move on from the current situation where this country BORROWS 50 MILLION EURO PER DAY just to run the country?

or will we be treated to lots of populist nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

If a person is marching, are they marching because they want to see government spending cut, or are they marching because they want to see taxation increase?

will any of the organisers/speakers be spelling out exactly how they would bridge the deficit? Do they have any idea how we could move on from the current situation where this country BORROWS 50 MILLION EURO PER DAY just to run the country?

or will we be treated to lots of populist nonsense?

True enough. We all know how to minimise the the €50m a day borrowings. It's just no-one has the balls to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement