Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham at home

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Happy !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

3-0. Really unselfish by Lennon and good pass by Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

well that escalated quickly!

Great stuff, we want 4 !

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Let's keep clean sheet too now COYS

• Advertisement

Dembele on now.

dembele on last few mins...hope he dont get another injury

Bah!

usual over casual defending from us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

davycc wrote: »
    usual over casual defending from us

The game is over, it's understandable

• Advertisement

Understandable, but still frustrating. We've been letting in weak goals all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Very happy with today.

Lloris came in and looked assured throughout. A couple of brilliant saves. I thought Hudd did well too. Finally Dempsey seemed to click.

I'm not counting my chickens yet as West Ham were poor. They gave us far too much time on the ball - the first goal was only a matter of time.

Hopefully Sandro's injury isn't too serious - he's been playing brilliantly recently and his tackling is always a joy too watch.

Liverpool on Wednesday, can't wait.

COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Frustrating to have conceded such a soft goal at the end. But delighted to get the win and the 3 points! We really needed it.

Bale looked lively and scored a great goal, as did Defoe.

Glad to see Lloirs started in goal, and I thought he did very well. Came out of his line very quickly on occasions and I feel if Brad was in we would have let in at least one more.

Really, really hope that Sandro is okay. Very important player for us. We're just getting Dembele back, and now we could be losing Sandro ugh.

COYS

mickman wrote: »
    The game is over, it's understandable

the game aint over until the final whistle....
    we have dropped way too many points all season like that.
    1 stupid goal puts our whole team under pressure which aint healthy giving our surrender mentality.

on the plus side im glad lennon passed to defoe instead of shooting when 1 on 1:cool:

& dempsey got an assist & started getting some confidence back...we all know he can do a lot better as he does with usa & fulham..

I hope sandro is ok.....looked like a freak injury:eek:

& Defoe got another bit of luck by not getting sent off after his sneaky 3rd yellow card offence:D:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very happy with today.

Lloris came in and looked assured throughout. A couple of brilliant saves. I thought Hudd did well too. Finally Dempsey seemed to click.

I'm not counting my chickens yet as West Ham were poor. They gave us far too much time on the ball - the first goal was only a matter of time.

Hopefully Sandro's injury isn't too serious - he's been playing brilliantly recently and his tackling is always a joy too watch.

Liverpool on Wednesday, can't wait.

COYS!!!

Agree with this. I've given him a lot of stick but in the 2nd half he seemed to click with the others. I also thought Dawson and Lloris were excellent. Shame to conceed so late but still that's 3 goals at home and a resounding win.

Hope Sandro isn't too bad,we need him for the pool game Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great win, played very well at times too, better than I have seen for the majority of the season, COYS need a similar performance on Wed night.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I've given him a lot of stick but in the 2nd half he seemed to click with the others.

Dempsey has been frustrating to watch, because we all know how effective he can be (23 goals last season). I felt it was only a matter of time before he clicked, you don't become a bad player over night.

Once again, I'm not going to count my chickens because he needs to do it week-in week-out, but today's performance will hold the critics at bay for a while.

Hat-trick on Wednesday?? :D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Great win, played very well at times too, better than I have seen for the majority of the season, COYS need a similar performance on Wed night.

One very positive thing to see was the body language of the players. They all seem positive and in good spirits.

Lloris looked confident, Dembele was welcomed on to the pitch with high fives from a couple of players and Lennon appreciated AVB applauding him off the pitch.

Today was a good day!

tippspur wrote: »

Sky Sports News are saying that he'll be available for Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sky Sports News are saying that he'll be available for Wednesday.

That's a relief.

I thought it was strange for Sandro to need a stretcher. You'd nearly expect him to still run off if he had two broken legs. That's why I was so worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

excellent win today though I was surprised how poor the spammers were.

Roll on Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Great to be wrong! Good to see Dawson start, high line still leaves us exposed alot. A win on Wednesday and we could be back within touching distance of top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

What a great goal from defoe - top class from him , he is having a good season

Hats off to dempsey - played some nice passes, lets hope he kicks on from here

West hams goal was caulkers fault - lloris had that ball covered and he booted it away before the cross came back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There's a lot of positives to take from this game. I thought Dempsey played well and showed what we know he's capable of. Hopefully Dawson did enough to move above Gallas in the pecking order, Gallas has let us down some times. Any word on Kaboul and Benny? I read during the week that Parker is back training.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Defoe's goal was sheer class, one of the very few in the league who can produce magic like that. Fingers crossed Dempsey starts to gel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

tippspur wrote: »

Think it was a kick in the privates. He threw up on the field...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    West hams goal was caulkers fault - lloris had that ball covered and he booted it away before the cross came back in

Only back in from the weekend, great to see us beat the Spammers! Great to see Dempsey starting to click and Lloris looking better now with every game.

You're right Mick, couple of front row Park Lane boys on twitter saying Lloris gave Caulker a big shout to leave it but he must have panicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Only back in from the weekend, great to see us beat the Spammers! Great to see Dempsey starting to click and Lloris looking better now with every game.

You're right Mick, couple of front row Park Lane boys on twitter saying Lloris gave Caulker a big shout to leave it but he must have panicked.

I watched the MOTD highlights last night and you could clearly hear Lloris shout at Caulker to leave it. Dawson gave him a bollocking afterwards too but this is all part of the learning experience for him and at least it ended up not being important in the end result.

Advertisement