Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missed cal from 076 no?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Missed a call this morning, no idea who or what 076 is.. anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

076 — Reserved for non geographical numbering (Voice over IP services).
    Maybe someone on Skype rang you?

First hit on google
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Thanks Biko.. googled it but saw lots of posts about scams..
    I'll update if I find out .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Thanks Biko.. googled it but saw lots of posts about scams..
    I'll update if I find out .

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭lc180

Did you ever figure this out? I've recieved a few missed calls from 076 numbers and no voucemail message was left.

I'm reluctant to answer incase its a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What's the worst they can do if you ring them back? Nigerian Prince needing a Bank A/C to deposit money?

• Advertisement

I got a call from an 076 number missed it 3 times on the 4th I was there and it was some charity looking for me to sign up for a monthly donation. I told them take a hike. If I wanted to give to charity I would choose my own by whatever means I wished not give my bank details over the phone . U are lucky u missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Some of the banks are using 076 numbers now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭lc180

I got a call from an 076 number missed it 3 times on the 4th I was there and it was some charity looking for me to sign up for a monthly donation. I told them take a hike. If I wanted to give to charity I would choose my own by whatever means I wished not give my bank details over the phone . U are lucky u missed it.

Yeah i once had Concern call me everyday for 3 weeks, I never answered and they never left a voicemail message. They are persistant feckers!

I got to the bottom of the 076 number when I received my bill from Vodafone with a charge on it even though landline to landline calls are free. I got several missed calls and called back 076 when i came home from work and was charged, Vodafone said its a skype call and is not covered by the free landline to landline calls or free to any network package, Beware, do not answer or do not call back.
    Hope this helps you guys.

There are plenty of legitimate business' using 076 numbers though. Even if you call citizens information you"ll see they are also on 076

• Advertisement

The point i am making is they are not free to return the call, they are skype and you will be charged for all calls made to 076 as told to me by vodafone. Not saying they are skams just it cost you if u miss the call and call them back.

The point i am making is they are not free to return the call, they are skype and you will be charged for all calls made to 076 as told to me by vodafone. Not saying they are skams just it cost you if u miss the call and call them back.

Thats true.alot of people would mistake 076 for an irish landline.they cost about 5cent a minute during peak times and 1cent off peak

I called it back thinking it was the north west sligo/leitrim sort of thing. it costs 7c per minute off peak as its not a landline vodofone confirmed this. Unfortunately I listened to their speel and when they looked for credit card number I hung up. cost 29c. not the money its the nuisance getting 6 and 8 missed calls every day while I was at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maireadr27

I got an 076 call from Bank of Ireland today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Lots of companies use this as internal outgoing lines

Advertisement