Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with adobe flash player

Options
  • 23-11-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Firstly, I hope I am in the right forum..... I have windows 7 64 bit installed and use internet explorer 9 64 bit. I have tried to find out my broadband speed and any sites I use say that I need adobe flash player, I have downloaded the latest version flash player 11 Active X, but when I restart the laptop I still get the same message. I also have this problem when I try to watch any videos on say the Daily Mail website (hangs head in shame)......I also have installed Adobe AIR 3.2 and Adobe reader XI version 11. However I noticed that adobe flash player 32 bit is listed is listed in the control panel but not in the list of programmes and features. Even quick time and mail are 32 bit.

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

admcfad wrote: »
    Firstly, I hope I am in the right forum..... I have windows 7 64 bit installed and use internet explorer 9 64 bit. I have tried to find out my broadband speed and any sites I use say that I need adobe flash player, I have downloaded the latest version flash player 11 Active X, but when I restart the laptop I still get the same message. I also have this problem when I try to watch any videos on say the Daily Mail website (hangs head in shame)......I also have installed Adobe AIR 3.2 and Adobe reader XI version 11. However I noticed that adobe flash player 32 bit is listed is listed in the control panel but not in the list of programmes and features. Even quick time and mail are 32 bit.

Any help would be much appreciated

Make sure the flash Player and shockwave flash is enabled, see here.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

Bless your cotton socks Nick, that was so simple as am I. Thank you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

admcfad wrote: »
    Bless your cotton socks Nick, that was so simple as am I. Thank you.

Glad you got it sorted, in all fairness it's a common issue that confuses many. Internet Explorer sometimes "Disables Addons to Improve performance" and somethimes, Flash, Java etc. are included

Nick

Advertisement