Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a 10year morgage in uk

Options
  • 23-11-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, im looking for information. im looking to build a house in northern ireland, i have the land and my husbands a builder so after our savings im looking to borrow £70k at the most. im thinking of getting a 10year morgage. i dont know were to start. what are good rates ect?
    Also my husband hasnt had permanent work in the past 2years but i work for the goverment so will the bank still lend to me. We have no loans and are very savers. i can well afford to pay the morgage ect, when my husband is working its only a bonus, i never rely on his wages.
    thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This really should be in Property & Accomodation but I reckon as long as you are earning over €23k then 3 x your salary should cover the mortgage. They might not need to consider your husband at all. Mind you, it seems the banks are a law onto themselves at the moment so they might use it as an excuse to be difficult.

Good luck.

Advertisement