Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative and innovative ideas for a business pitch?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im struggling to come up with a creative and innovative presentation idea for a business pitch me and my group have to do for a fake VC as part of our business simulation module fro my MBS in marketing. its part of a simulation game in a micro-computer industry. This VC presentation is worth 40% of the module so its very important. There's markings going for the creative side. I need something that is cheap and creative.

Groups in previous years I've been told have presented using customised t-shirts of their brand logo, having a made up website for the brand and even used roleplay. All those ideas cost money so thats the main problem.

Any help on this would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

beya2009 wrote: »
    its part of a simulation game in a micro-computer industry.

What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Few more specifics would help.

If it's tech stuff and you've got a tech background, pretty easy to code up a simple game "showing" how you'd achieve your goals. Something like a simple platformer. Depends on your backgrounds of course, but a smidge of programming know-how and something simple like Gamemaker and you've got a free innovative bit with a few hours work.

Did a pitch before about werewolf murder mystery game and had one of the audience change into a werewolf during the presentation. Pretty corny, but it ticked the innovative presentation box that colleges often demand (but I'd never use in the real world.)

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

What's that?

http://gm.marketplace-live.com/?moveTo=1

Its just a simulation game designed to reinforce key business practice on areas such as accounting, hr, marketing, management and manufacturing.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Few more specifics would help.

If it's tech stuff and you've got a tech background, pretty easy to code up a simple game "showing" how you'd achieve your goals. Something like a simple platformer. Depends on your backgrounds of course, but a smidge of programming know-how and something simple like Gamemaker and you've got a free innovative bit with a few hours work.

Did a pitch before about werewolf murder mystery game and had one of the audience change into a werewolf during the presentation. Pretty corny, but it ticked the innovative presentation box that colleges often demand (but I'd never use in the real world.)

Thanks for that btw. sounds like a great idea. just trying to think how I would go about it. btw its in the micro-computer industry so in the game we serve 3 market segments. The workhorse is mid range desktop computers targeted to price sensitive business customers, the traveler is laptops for business customers on the go and the mercedes are powerful desktop computers for engineers and scientists who are not price sensitive.

i come from a marketing background so i like talking a lot and im good at presentations but it seems a pitch is a different kettle of fish.

hey guys well i finally came up with a creative idea by doing a social media campaign as part of the pitch. would really appreciate it if people could check out the fan page and leave likes and nice comments too would be great just so there's some activity on it. we got a graphics designer to do out our logo and all which was cool:D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leverage-Tech/389656747775250#

• Advertisement
Advertisement