Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far in advance did your renewal letter arrive

Options
  • 23-11-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I had a look a the sticky and it mentions that the prepopulated renewal forms would arrive in the post approximately 3 months in advance of the expiry of existing licences

Has that been the case for anybody who has received them so far.

My licences are due to expire in just over two months at the end of January and I havent received my forms yet.

Should I be chasing them at this stage or are they running late for most others on here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

I got mine two weeks before it was due to expire and got the grant letter a week after it expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

mrhd wrote: »
    I had a look a the sticky and it mentions that the prepopulated renewal forms would arrive in the post approximately 3 months in advance of the expiry of existing licences

Has that been the case for anybody who has received them so far.

My licences are due to expire in just over two months at the end of January and I havent received my forms yet.

Should I be chasing them at this stage or are they running late for most others on here.

Got mine approx 3 months prior to expiring, submitted them straight away, had licence's in my pocket within 3 weeks. One more due end of january of january. no word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I got 3 renewals 3 months in advance. I waited until my deer hunting license came before I submitted them. I had the payment letters well before expire dates and paid for them over 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I got the letter ages back. Definitely at least three months before the expiry date. Had to wait for deer licence stuff, so didn't have a big window to get the licence back from submission. However, someone hit re-print on Pulse before updating the information, so I got a re-issue of my old licence, with its old expiry date. Only got the proper one today. Made for interesting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭slim223

I got my renewal letter 3 months in advance. Sent them away 6 weeks ago. Got the all clear, and paid for them Wednesday. The new licences arrived today with the same expiry date as the old ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

All renewals 3 months or more in advance. Signed, and returned with licenses in my pocket within the month.

Smooth sailing for me.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

well lads my guns all expired at the end of october 2012 got my renewels in august 2012 sent them back straight away no word at the end of october when all my licences were so i rang them they said yes there on the way out, so roughly round the 3 or 4 of november i head out after few charlie and met not a nice gardai and he ceased my gun even tough it was being processed he still took it i nearly hit the bloody roof any way long storey short make sure you have every thing right in order for your licences cause even tough your renewel is being proccessed it is pending so nothing is for sure until you have it in your hand lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I was told by my FO when I handed mine back in, that they were so far behind in processing the paperwork, that it would be over the 3 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrhd

I am still trying to get a copy of my prepopulated FCR.

Apparently there was a problem with one or more batches somewhere between Pulse and the Printer so they were never sent.

A second attempt was made a couple of weeks ago but still no sign of the forms.

Has anybody seen any blank FCR's apart from the sample on the web-site. If I could get hold of a blank the FO might be able to process it once I have all the signatures and declaration etc.

The worst part is none of my details have changed, so all I need is the form to sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Got 4 yesterday, 3 months in advance, all info correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I got my renewal letter with only 4 days to go before expiry.

That didn't give me much time to apply for the renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Got renewal about 3 weeks in advance of expiry. It says you must renew within 3 months of date of letter. Does that mean it's ok to hold an unlicenced firearm for up to 2 months? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Dalken

Mine arrived for one gun three months before the expiry, for another gun only a few weeks..hmm administrative bugs in a govt service, imagine that? !!

My FCR's finally arrived. Both certs expired on Jan 31, the FCRs were printed the second week of Jan and they arrived one yesterday and one today.

So panic over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

mrhd wrote: »
    My FCR's finally arrived. Both certs expired on Jan 31, the FCRs were printed the second week of Jan and they arrived one yesterday and one today.

So panic over.

Im still waiting,hopefully todays post

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maxusman

One of my renewals arrived yesterday 2 months before expiry.prepopulatedl looks ok. several gunshop websites have a download on them for licence renewal forms. I printed some off the other day,no problem. Question for everybody,why do the licences not have a pic on them when it would be a very valuable anti fraud device and considering we send in photo,s with applications ?.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

maxusman wrote: »
    several gunshop websites have a download on them for licence renewal forms. I printed some off the other day,no problem.
    They are FCA1 or FCA2. Application, but no longer renewal forms. The renewals are FCR forms, and because your details are already on them they cannot be downloaded so be careful as it says on the Garda website that they will not accept FCA1 forms for renewals in the place of an FCR.
    Question for everybody,why do the licences not have a pic on them when it would be a very valuable anti fraud device and considering we send in photo,s with applications ?.
    You get an answer to that share it as we've been asking the same thing for years.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I am finally sorted. The FCR's were handed in and the new certs came back in less than a week.

However they had the expiry date set to the 2013 date of the ones they were replacing. The FO did a reprint and the reprints came back after about another week with the correct 2016 expiry dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Duster

I sent away my prepopulated renewal forms in early December, as yet no grant letters sent out :mad:

Licence expired on 28/02/13.

Suppose thats work to rule in operation - then again they probably won't be in a hurry to come out and prosecute for unlicensed firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Dropped mine in today it will be interesting to see how long it takes. FO was fairly confident when he said two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ye I did I brought it without it first and he told me to get one and drop it in. So I did

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swift220

I got 1 of mine last week and the other 1 yesterday and there not due til may

Advertisement