Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When you just keep digging

• 23-11-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

A woman who works with my other half is currently on leave. Unfortunately her husband has been given 6 to 12 months to live. They have gone on a holiday to Africa because the husband has always wanted to see the Victoria Falls, so they are doing it as a sort of bucket list last wish.

This led to the hypothetical question being posed to me, what would you like to do if you had 6 months to live. I casually suggested that a threesome would be nice but I got that look that says you should not have said that, trying to rescue the situation I said it didn't have to be a threesome but maybe swinging so we could all have fun, but as I was saying it and before the expletives and name calling started I knew I was just digging deeper.

So have you ever tried to retrieve a situation only to land yourself deeper in the dodo.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

infractions for bucket list threads please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Every feckin day.......

Dig up stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Infractions for people trying to be funny and failing please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Are you OK? You look tired......no, wait, that's not what I mean, you look great, but.................Sh1t"

There's no way to salvage that one, I make the mistake probably once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

seamus wrote: »
    "Are you OK? You look tired......no, wait, that's not what I mean, you look great, but.................Sh1t"

There's no way to salvage that one, I make the mistake probably once a week.

Saying "Have you had your hair done?" or "You smell nice" at random intervals helps.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Dig up stupid!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No point digging up if she's pissed already. You may as well tell her while you're at it that her arse looks big in her favourite dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

"Fine, if you don't want to take part in my threesome you don't have to."

Leaves room for ambiguity. Bitches love ambiguity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Wow, your OH sounds like a right barrel of laughs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Big Bottom wrote: »
    Infractions for people trying to be funny and failing please!
    Bottom, you're being way to blunt today, how many souls are you going to crush before you relent? On the digging front, I've got a fold up shovel in my back pocket that I carry round everywhere just in case my gob proves to be not up to the task. It has not failed yet, I've dug myself into more holes than Murphys. I get up every day vowing to be nice and friendly and not insulting..and fail. I think it's genetic - some people are big boned, I'm big gobbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I casually suggested that a threesome would be nice but I got that look that says you should not have said that, trying to rescue the situation I said it didn't have to be a threesome but maybe swinging so we could all have fun, but as I was saying it and before the expletives and name calling started I knew I was just digging deeper.
    I'd say you're always in the dog house with her, this is the shít you think but not say. Unless she previously displayed a wild side of some sort and thought it might be a goer, I wouldn't have said that. When a woman throws you a clanger like that, hmmm and haww until you think like her.

What she was thinking was 'oh god, imagine I'm about to lose my partner!!!1!! I'd be sooo around him 24/7 until he's gone and I'll never be with another man again'.

Then you said... well the above. That one wasn't going to end well buddy..
    So have you ever tried to retrieve a situation only to land yourself deeper in the dodo.
    Not really. I tend to think before I speak ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 7 DiggingDeep

I casually suggested that a threesome would be nice but I got that look that says you should not have said that, trying to rescue the situation I said it didn't have to be a threesome but maybe swinging so we could all have fun, but as I was saying it and before the expletives and name calling started I knew I was just digging deeper.

Yep I'm notorious for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

A woman who works with my other half is currently on leave. Unfortunately her husband has been given 6 to 12 months to live. They have gone on a holiday to Africa because the husband has always wanted to see the Victoria Falls, so they are doing it as a sort of bucket list last wish.

This led to the hypothetical question being posed to me, what would you like to do if you had 6 months to live. I casually suggested that a threesome would be nice but I got that look that says you should not have said that, trying to rescue the situation I said it didn't have to be a threesome but maybe swinging so we could all have fun, but as I was saying it and before the expletives and name calling started I knew I was just digging deeper.
    You could have rescued the situation by saying "I meant a threesome with the dying fellas bird."

Advertisement