Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Music on PC?

• 23-11-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Signed up for the months free trial of Xbox Music this week and am just wondering how can I access my account on my PC?

Have looked on the Xbox website and can't find any answer.Only thing that comes up is this which directs me to sign up for a Xbox music trial,which I already have!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

you need windows 8 as far as I know, I haven't subscribed to it but it's been free so far to stream as much music as I like on windows 8 doesn't work on xbox you have to pay for that.

I believe it's coming it iOS / Android devices but if it's anything like the smartglass app it might fussy about what devices it will run on.

My advice is to cancel before the trial ends and wait and see, on the plus side the xbox music app works very well in windows 8 and does have a very extensive collection of music, and thats something given my obscure tastes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Signed up for the months free trial of Xbox Music this week and am just wondering how can I access my account on my PC?

Have looked on the Xbox website and can't find any answer.Only thing that comes up is this which directs me to sign up for a Xbox music trial,which I already have!

Thanks in advance!
    Are you using Windows 7 or 8?

Unless it's the later you'll need to download the Zune client for Windows. They share the same library so in terms of content they're the same.

You can find more info here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Been using it on Windows 8 and it's pretty good. They had every song I could think of and it's mostly free. Ads popped up every now and then and it invites you to upgrade to the premium version.
    Will pay for it as soon as it's on Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Got a Windows phone 8 yesterday and signed up for a months music pass.... Have to say I'm well impressed! I have f()cked up taste in music and it is being catered for!
    Well happy with the phone aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I wish it was available on android, I'd happily change over from Spotify.
    Think I'll get a Windows Phone aswell as I expect a lot more integration with the new xbox.
    What phone is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Xbox Music app for Android and iOS is due out later this year.

Microsoft seem to be embracing other platforms to spread out the XBox brand - like with SmartGlass and recently Wordament for iOS (which has Achievements and Live integration).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    I wish it was available on android, I'd happily change over from Spotify.
    Think I'll get a Windows Phone aswell as I expect a lot more integration with the new xbox.
    What phone is it?

Got a HTC windows phone 8. €279 payg with three. (I am on contract with 3. Just got this to replace the phone that i lost)
    Good phone but fcuk all internal memory (only bout 2.5gigs after os. Got a SD card but these cards don'thold apps. So try and get one with way more memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Xbox music is finally now out on Android. Free 30 trial as well so will check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Yeah I was wondering about this. I went to music.xbox.com and it just started playing tracks (I was already signed in).

What's the deal with Xbox Music? Automatically free for 30 days? Is it worth it in general? I'm not automatically subscribed to be charged am I once the free trial has ended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Yeah I was wondering about this. I went to music.xbox.com and it just started playing tracks (I was already signed in).

What's the deal with Xbox Music? Automatically free for 30 days? Is it worth it in general? I'm not automatically subscribed to be charged am I once the free trial has ended?
    I'd say you may need to cancel your subscription before the free trial ends otherwise you may be charged.
    Apparently it's better than Google all access and spotify. Will sign up this evening and see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Let me know what you think of the service/number of artists available/downloading for offline etc etc. €99 per year for free music on every device in the house. Could be good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Signed up for the 30 day trial, and canceled the auto renewal thingy...dunno if its worth 100 a year though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

shuffles03 wrote: »

Yes, you are automatically charged 9.99 pm after the trial ends, you need to change that in your subscriptions settings.

Its like music Unlimited, you can stream or DL albums etc. to your xbox/PC/zune etc.

Its a free 30 day trial...install the app and it redirects you to a weblink to sign up for the free trial.

Advertisement