Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Lynch Tunnel WTF????

Options
  • 23-11-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭

Its late November now and its still closed every night bar Friday night.

Thought the tunnel works would have been completed by now.

Its so annoying driving through the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

It was always open Friday nights anyway but at least its better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Does anyone else get a bit spooked when they have to stop in the tunnel when the traffic is heavy or is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Does anyone else get a bit spooked when they have to stop in the tunnel when the traffic is heavy or is it just me?

It's just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,591 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There's an app (if you're using Android, don't know if there's an iOS version) that lets you know the status of the tunnel, it's actually very well designed, has live video stream as well for some reason.. http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.jacklynchtunnel.tunnelapp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

54kroc wrote: »
    It's just you.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

There's an app (if you're using Android, don't know if there's an iOS version) that lets you know the status of the tunnel, it's actually very well designed, has live video stream as well for some reason.. http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.jacklynchtunnel.tunnelapp

Search on mac App Store for Jack Lynch Tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Completely freaks me out to be honest. I find that I'm constantly wondering which way to run in the event of a flood:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Completely freaks me out to be honest. I find that I'm constantly wondering which way to run in the event of a flood:eek:

I know an old guy who refuses to go under the tunnel because of "the big sewage pipe it's holding up... if that was to go, there'd be sh!te everywhere!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Tunnel is closed from tuesday (9th January) 21:15 until 07:00 :(

Think its open Saturday and Sunday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

mikeym wrote: »
    Tunnel is closed from tuesday (9th January) 21:15 until 07:00 :(

Think its open Saturday and Sunday nights.

Closed Tues, Wed, Thurs IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

how long more is this going to go on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

it's the normal quarterly closure of maintenance and stuff. there's been no traffic through town so i doubt many people are being put out from it being closed, as it's nearly as quick through town from Kinsale road

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bogger77 wrote: »
    it's the normal quarterly closure of maintenance and stuff. there's been no traffic through town so i doubt many people are being put out from it being closed, as it's nearly as quick through town from Kinsale road

It's finishing off the cladding etc AFAIK. Closed again next week I think.

Advertisement