Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search function on main and PM deletion on touch

Options
  • 23-11-2012 6:52pm

When I search for forums on the touch site, it gives me a forum suggestion which can take me directly to a particular forum, seen here:

boards-touch.jpg

On the main site it offers to categorise posts found in the search on the left divider, but you don't get a direct link to any suggested forums (bar under the post results which can often be irrelevent). I think it would be nice to have them in the currently blank right divider?

boards-main.jpg

Also, on the touch site, I can't delete sent PM's. I want to keep proof of what I've been sent, but don't want to be reminded of what I send :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Hi Sacramento,
    Sacramento wrote: »
    On the main site it offers to categorise posts found in the search on the left divider, but you don't get a direct link to any suggested forums (bar under the post results which can often be irrelevent). I think it would be nice to have them in the currently blank right divider?

When you enter any phrase into the top search bar (omni-box) you'll be prompted with various handy options based off the entered term, including forum suggestions.

For instance entering "weather" will provide:
    • Links to both the "Science > Weather" and "Weather > Weather Pictures" forums
    • The option to search for the term "weather"
    • A list of users whose username's match the term "weather"

The "currently blank right divider" on the search results page actually houses an ad placement at the moment.
    Sacramento wrote: »
    Also, on the touch site, I can't delete sent PM's. I want to keep proof of what I've been sent, but don't want to be reminded of what I send :P

There's a thread open over in Feedback where users can now make suggestions for the upcoming updates being made to touch.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056820797

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement