Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain to me what this is about

Options
  • 23-11-2012 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭

Is this just getting a domain name?

Do I have to design a website myself?

How would I put a secure way of paying laser/credit cards on it. Is this my job or do blacknight do this?

And what are the prices?

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We offer hosting and domain names as well as several other services

We do not offer website design or development - that's up to you.

Having said that, all our hosting plans come with a sitebuilder tool

Pricing on hosting:
    http://www.blacknight.com/compare.html

Domains: http://www.blacknight.com/domains.html

Current discounts / offers: http://domainoffers.me/

Specials for this weekend only: http://blog.blacknight.com/save-big-in-our-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-sale.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Thank you :)

So the deals for this weekend, 4 euro for registration for one year.

This mean I have that domain name for a year and can set up a website? What happens after the year is up?

Is there any other costs during the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You need to buy hosting if you want to use a domain
    We offer a few "bundle" deals where the 1st year registration of the domain name has a big discount

After the first year you pay our normal renewal rates (unless we distribute some discount codes for renewals, which we have been known to do :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

Hi.. I already have two domain names through blacknight, and a hosting package that is costing me 23 a month roughly.. I wanted to buy another domain, and get a site done by same guy that is doing the other site.. whats the best way of doing it? Is there a current offer?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoochez

hi johnty56
    i have a few questions if ya dont mind can u email me at kieranth@gmail.com
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

what kind of sites do you guys intend on building. Forum?, Shopping site? Blog?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

areyawell wrote: »
    what kind of sites do you guys intend on building. Forum?, Shopping site? Blog?
    I won't be making any site but was just doing some research in case I do want one.

hoochez wrote: »
    hi johnty56
    i have a few questions if ya dont mind can u email me at kieranth@gmail.com
    thanks

Hi... what kind of questions dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoochez

johnty56 wrote: »
    Hi... what kind of questions dude?
    just about web design mate

I'm not the most knowledgeable I'm afraid, I'm getting a guy to do the sites for me.. I thought you might have thought by mistake that I was from blacknight:)
    Feel free to pm if you have a specific question, if it is something I can help you with i'll certainly try

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

A site like boards can be made with VBulletin and its what this sitei run off.

A peronal site can be made using wordpress

Therese plenty of site that can be made with shopping carts software thats available, all you have to do is tweak it,

If you really want to lean website programming its really JSP and PHP unless you want to make a basic website.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wwrjd

i have many websites (both personal and for clients) and i can't recommend blacknight highly enough. reasonable pricing, easy to use control panel and best of all their support is truly unbelievable (even when helping with problems i have been responsible for myself!!).

Advertisement