Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A+ certificate?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Was wondering how one goes about attaining this certificate? Do I have to go to college or can I just learn about it at home at take the test at some point? All I really want is for this to help me get a part time Job involving anything with PC's or selling them or fixing them etc, i'm doing Elec engineering atm and have no Cv worthy experience in anything(including Cafes etc), i'm finding it difficult to get a job in literally anything(Except I would not like to walk to houses advertising ****). I consider myself above average when it comes to Computers as i've been taking mine apart and swapping Components out for new ones since I was 16 or so(21 now). Basically the last things I have to do to become decent in IT is learn how to program(already started C++) and messing with the Registry(i've only went into it a few times to get rid of Malware (antispyware **** you :mad:), other than that I wouldn't risk it with my current knowledge) However I have nothing to show for it when it comes to a CV. Anyway eh...yeah, would I be able to randomly take these two tests whenever I wanted or would I actually have to go a do a computer maintained course on them? I know it costs ~€295 to take the tests

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I assume you're talking about Comptia courses. Look at the FAS website, if you're unemployed you can do these courses for free with FAS. They'll provide you with the online training material and pay for the exams.

Get a few of those and you'll get a number on a helpdesk, just don't expect the pay to be amazing. But you have to start somewhere and get the experience!

I'd focus on the comptia hardware software/networking stuff to begin with. Leave the programming stuff for the moment.

That would be my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Thanks that makes it's easier, didn't know FAS would do it for free, I literally want a basic job with close to minimum wage, just to help me through College and gain some experience.

Hmm, doing some sample papers and getting 40-50% on both tests/ :) Can't wait to start this and get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

This might be useful, it is in the IT Certification forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056252306

Advertisement