Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play by post manager game

Options
  • 23-11-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thought this mite be the best forum to post in

Anyone remember or played the footie manager games by post. I can vaguely remember playing a version with an English based company about 17-18 years ago.
    Ya used to send off your team sheet in the post and get a letter back the following week with match report etc.
    Virtual football management has thankfully come on a long way since them days of sticking £10 sterling in the post to play for 4 odd weeks!:pac:

Blast from the past but just want to see did anyone else remember playing this postal game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yes I played them before. There was few companies that did them. Not sure if still about, but doubt if many. If any at all.

I actually won a league before with one. Got Small trophy(still have it at home), free games for a season, football and T-Shirt. Football manager killed them alone I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Used to play as well, KJC games, also won a trophy, think they're still going but probably mainly online based now, had all sorts of RPG type games as well. They used to all have adds in the back of Match and Shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bohsman wrote: »
    Used to play as well, KJC games, also won a trophy, think they're still going but probably mainly online based now, had all sorts of RPG type games as well. They used to all have adds in the back of Match and Shoot.

KJC that was one I played and won trophy too. Ya twas about 3/4 pages at back of those mags where they were advertised.

With the sterling being quite strong against the Punt/Irish pound they were little expensive.

Also you would have to pretty much send of your teams formations straight the next day just to make deadlines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Used to do Necom games

Advertisement