Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Irish Regiment

Options
  • 23-11-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi is there many lads joining the royal Irish regiment from southern Ireland these days?

What is the period of enlistment when you first get signed up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

thanks tac, great link. jim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Doesn't hurt to help every now and then, eh?

Good luck!

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bowles08

Alrite lads does anybody know how long you have to wait for your medical to be looked over by a doctor in the British army before you go for selection ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jcarroll97

I am from County Monaghan and yes i have applied for the Royal Irish guards, Royal Irish Regiment and the Rifles so yes i am Irish and applied for two Irish regiments !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Just to be a bit pedantic it's not the Royal Irish Guards, just Irish Guards no Royal in the title. I don't know why. I'm sure there's a good reason.

As for being from Monaghan. I knew a guy from Cavan who served in the Irish guards and that was during the troubles. He loved it.

Advertisement