Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cams, what to get and where to get it (Q&A only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

DDPai M6+

Have just changed car myself and took the M6+ with me. Bought a new sticky pad for €10 and the rest just popped out and transferred. Always been happy with the quality of the camera too so would be happy to recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Have just changed car myself and took the M6+ with me. Bought a new sticky pad for €10 and the rest just popped out and transferred. Always been happy with the quality of the camera too so would be happy to recommend.

Mine had blurry picture... Until I removed the protective foil on the lens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

grogi wrote: »
    Mine had blurry picture... Until I removed the protective foil on the lens...

I admire your testicular fortitude for admitting that on a public forum :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

IrishZeus wrote: »
    I admire your testicular fortitude for admitting that on an anonymous public forum :D:D

fyp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Hi lads,

I had a Nextbase 202 in my previous car which I found quite good apart from the fact that removing the MicroSd card was tedious.

I have since purchased a new car and I'm looking at the 312GW. It has a Magentic clip and also has WiFI through an iPhone app which sounds IDEAL!! :)

Does anyone here have this dash-cam?

Would appreciate any thoughts or further insights..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Any reviews on it from techmoan? How would it compare with the DDpai m6. I nearly bought one before choosing a vantrue cam last year.

Which has been great btw, has a little button for night mode which I had forgot about until recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

I have a Pirelli P7 runflat it has 5mm left.

225/55 R17 taken off my 5 touring.

I'm in meath.

Bought the 312GW + 32gb microSD + hardwire kit

Has anyone installed a dashcam in an Audi A4 (b8) wondering which switched fuse I could tap so that it goes on/off with the ignition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I have hard wired my own cam. I just checked for a fuse that read 0 volts with ignition off using my multi meter, (in my case it was the rear window wiper), then switched on ignition and same fuse read 12 volts. Just wire tap the fuse and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Decided to move my Clio on. 141, Spotless, 26000 miles, nerry a moment's trouble. Have a gander if you're interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/renault/clio/renault-clio-dynamique-medianav/12522884

edUVJ0N.png

I'm so nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

My car battery went dead over the weekend and I got a jump start to head to the garage to replace it.
    I never thought of plugging out my dashcam and looks like it's busted now. Won't turn on.
    Probably a simple thing many here will do, but best to remind any sillyheads like me who may forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

whiskeyman wrote: »
    My car battery went dead over the weekend and I got a jump start to head to the garage to replace it.
    I never thought of plugging out my dashcam and looks like it's busted now. Won't turn on.
    Probably a simple thing many here will do, but best to remind any sillyheads like me who may forget!

Have you tried to reset the dash cam?

huggs2 wrote: »

Yep, seems dead as a doornail :(

Installed the Nextbase 312GW today (hardwired).. very neatly I might add :)

Quality seems to be excellent and the Wifi is a great feature to have.

If anyone else is thinking about buying this dashcam, I would definitely highly recommend it!

huggs2 wrote: »

Seems to work this morning for some reason?
    Wouldn't work over the weekend at all.

Maybe it needed a rest! :p

I presume it's probably still a good idea to plug it out before a jumpstart though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Selling my Clarion Nx404e double din unit over on adverts if anyone is interested. Thanks.

http://www.adverts.ie/11426965

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Seen these in heatons today, might be worth the 15 quid for someone that hasn't got a camera. (Something is better than nothing).
    No memory card with it though.

6jd1zd.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DDPai M6 Plus
    iPhone App

I cant access files on the phone.
    All previous files seem to be the same clip.

Ive taken out the memory card so I can try view them on my pc later as I was some footage off it and don't want to risk recording over it.

I'll reinstall the app also and see if that provides better access to the clips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone else having trouble with the DDPai?
    I have it connected, I cannot download any clips or log in for that matter.

When I remove the SD card and put it into my pic, I have a series of 2 minute clips.

I see nowhere to change this to the 3 min max (maybe it's there when you log in?)

Might go back to my basic but reliable möbius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

The last time I updated my DDPai it reduced the clip length to 01:58 mins.

I never download clips, it's far quicker just to take the SD card out and connect it to the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Yep, I have that in mine along with my Nextbase cam. Definitely is the way to go. I paid €24 in Halford's here.

http://www.halfords.ie/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Yep, I have that in mine along with my Nextbase cam. Definitely is the way to go. I paid €24 in Halford's here.

http://www.halfords.ie/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit

i presume it will work on any dash cam with correct connection

Was looking at the reviews on Halford's site for this kit and most don't mention the model of their cam.

But this guy says:
    So simple and straight forward to install. ( 10 mins in an X5 ). Have bought more for other family members who have different make camera but same specs. Absolute must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was looking at the reviews on Halford's site for this kit and most don't mention the model of their cam.

But this guy says:

As long as the cable has the same type usb as your cam,you are good to go.
    You'll pick one of them up on eBay for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hey folks,

There seems to be a wealth of information on this thread.

Can anyone recommend a discreet dashcam? I have a VW CC and want the cam to be as unobtrusive and as possible so ideally would fit behind the rear view mirror. I know with technology the smaller you get the more you must compromise on quality etc so id like a happy medium between both if possible. ie i dont want rubbish video. I would also want it hardwired into the car.

I was looking at the Blackvue DR450 but i dont know if it can be hardwired into the car?

I just want it as a form of security against insurance fraud and potential claims etc.

Budget would be 200-300Eur installed.

Any help much appreciated.

For that kind of money I'd be looking at a BlackVue DR430-2CH front and rear. I just have a front camera but I'm going to add or change and this would be up there.

In Halford's the BlackVue DR430-2CH is €239.95 plus you get it hardwired for €35 so you should be sorted for €274.95.

http://www.halfords.ie/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/blackvue-dr430-2ch-dash-cam

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if this is not the correct thread for my question. I have a Nextbase 312gw which I have hard wired to the fuse box. Every once in a while I've noticed, even though it switches on with the ignition it doesn't start to record automatically. Once I press the record button it records no problem from that point. Is this an issue anyone else has come across? Is there a way to ensure it starts recording each time? It would be my luck if I was unfortunate enough to be in an accident it would be one of the times it didn't start recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

markc1184 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is not the correct thread for my question. I have a Nextbase 312gw which I have hard wired to the fuse box. Every once in a while I've noticed, even though it switches on with the ignition it doesn't start to record automatically. Once I press the record button it records no problem from that point. Is this an issue anyone else has come across? Is there a way to ensure it starts recording each time? It would be my luck if I was unfortunate enough to be in an accident it would be one of the times it didn't start recording.

Stupid question, but do you press stop recording when finished your journey or just switch off the engine. As in you shouldn't press stop recording.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Stupid question, but do you press stop recording when finished your journey or just switch off the engine. As in you shouldn't press stop recording.

No, I just let it switch itself off after turning the key.

The only thing I can think of as a start point is go through all menu settings to double check if there is auto-record not set or something.

The only thing I can think of as a start point is go through all menu settings to double check if there is auto-record not set or something.

Yes everything is set as it should be. As I say it doesn't happen every time the car start. It starts recording more often than not, it's just a bit of a nuisance that it doesn't start each time.

• Advertisement

Maybe worth a go firing off an email to: support@nextbase.co.uk ... Could be a known issue. Memory card, file size etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Try formatting the SD card first.

blade1 wrote: »
    Try formatting the SD card first.

I had emailed Nextbase last night and they got back to me this morning saying I should update the firmware to the latest release and to format the sd card afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

65a8mw.jpg

Renault Megane Grand Scenic for sale. Very tidy car. FULL SERVICE HISTORY. Car was very well looked after. Very high specifications; a lot of extras. Fresh NCT. Swaps accepted for 1.4L 05^ cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

which is the best at the mintute?

markc1184 wrote: »
    I had emailed Nextbase last night and they got back to me this morning saying I should update the firmware to the latest release and to format the sd card afterwards.

I have the same Dashcam and never had an issue with it not automatically recording.

Have you tried to Reset it using the small button on the underside of the camera?

Hi Guys,

I have a Nextbase 312GW which I recently purchased and find great.

As you know, the clocks recently moved forward +1hr due to Daylight Savings Time.

I changed the time on my Dashcam accordingly and saved it, however, if i leave the car for a prolonged period of time (e.g over night) and the clock returns to back to the pre Daylight Savings Time -1 hour!

So when I got into my car this morning at 7:45am the Dashcam automatically switched on and showed 6:45am

I have tried to reformat the SD card but the same issue persists!

Anyone else have this issue or know what could be causing it??

How about this?

Nextbase.jpg

How about this?

Nextbase.jpg

Bingo! That has to be it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Selling my trusty Volvo S40, never gave me a minute's trouble.

NmIyZGY1NTc4ZDYyYzc3MDFhMWNkMjBlNjE1ZGEyMzbNmkJM_EM7hWwFHOzTcJY3aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTMyOTYyZDMwZjgwZDgwNDRmOWE0NTM5OTA0YzIwMDRjYmIwNGEzYTQ5M2ViNjQ0YWE1MjZiMjMzMTg0ZTQ1YS5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/car/volvo/s40/2010-volvo-s40/12648018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This wasn't getting the use to warrant keeping it. Looking to get rid of it with minimal hassle. NCT'd today. Taxed too. €500:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/astra/2001-opel-astra-g-5-door-estate-taxed-and-nct-d/12691999

Selling a driving kit with it including dash cam, gps, Bluetooth earphones, pop up cones, tow rope, spare bulbs and everything else I thought of that you could possibly need in any kind of incident valued at over €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

YTkzNjQ4NmNiYzc5MmFlNjZjNjVjYmVjMTc3MGI2ZTOQ07ElnJeFPaTtkyg-FADNaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTVjN2RmZmRlOTZiODM1NjMzYjhmYTFhNjM1ZDc5OGUxNzRjYWQzNDJlY2Y0Njg3ZWZmZmIzNGEwMjhhNTA2Ny5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NDkzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/astra/2007-opel-astra-club-new-nct-low-mileage/12275231

Great car. Not sure why it hasn't shifted in the last few weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

<chat>

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement