Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paleo/primal diet.

Options
  • 23-11-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

i am thinking about doing paleo/primal diet. but i notice on different paleo diet websites they seem to have a downer on cardio training. my aim is to do a sprint tri. anyone got any experience.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Check out this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056799435

Thats what it's based around really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Check out this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056799435

Thats what it's based around really.

that seems to be more about training on an empty stomach or am i just picking it up wrong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

that seems to be more about training on an empty stomach or am i just picking it up wrong

The high fat, high protein diet discussed is a paleo or 'ipaleo' diet/lifestyle. Suggesting paleao and endurance dsports go hand in hand if you're 'fat adapted'...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

AFAIK exponents of the paleo diet would be more extreme. Stripping out all processed 'modern' foodstuffs, and would replicate the kind of diet we would have achieved through principally hunting and gathering.

Barry seems to base loosely around the principles and looks at it from an athletes viewpoint. Also lots of common sense applied to his teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Tried it for a week in 2011. Became the moodiest man alive. Life is too short. Cavemen ate like that because they had to. I'm sure given the choice between beans on toast and hunting something ferocious they may take the easier option!

• Advertisement
Advertisement