Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree - REAL

Options
  • 23-11-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I know they haven't started selling them yet but does anyone know where I should go to get a real one? Where do I start??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

sinead81 wrote: »
    I know they haven't started selling them yet but does anyone know where I should go to get a real one? Where do I start??!!

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/store/dublin/sale

€30 for the tree and get a €20 voucher to use in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Great! Fantastic, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Anywhere in the city centre? Only looking for a 3-4ft tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

A real tree will be in bits by Xmas time though, wouldn't it?

Good point!!! Will need to do some research...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

A real tree will be in bits by Xmas time though, wouldn't it?

If you bought it now, probably. I'm not looking to get one till around the 6th, just wondering where they'd be sold now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Real tree's will last for well over a month, just ensure you have the trunk sitting in a wee trough of water and re-fill it when needed.

You'll be surprised how much they drink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There are trees for sale on Camden street, between Fresh and An Seo area, roughly. Where the flower and fruit and veg traders do be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Trees for sale outside Tesco on Prussia St., Dublin 7.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Trees for sale outside Tesco on Prussia St., Dublin 7.

I looked at his tree's last year, they didnt seem great.
    Think he was asking for 40e too.

I ended up getting it in the back of Ashtown, some lad selling them from an old manor style house.

Anywhere else around that area selling them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Slattsy wrote: »
    I looked at his tree's last year, they didnt seem great.
    Think he was asking for 40e too.

I just drove past and noticed them, didn't check them out so couldn't tell you what quality/price they are.

There's also trees for sale at that bike place near Cineworld on Parnell St.

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

There is a trees on wheels also. I think they bring a trailor full of trees out too you and you pick one. They also collect it for a fee. I've never used it before so not sure of the quality of trees or the service but might be worth considering..

Camo22 wrote: »
    There is a trees on wheels also. I think they bring a trailor full of trees out too you and you pick one. They also collect it for a fee. I've never used it before so not sure of the quality of trees or the service but might be worth considering..

www.treesonwheels.ie

www.treesonwheels.ie

Expensive :eek:

Expensive :eek:

€65 - €70... is that expensive?

How much would you get one for. This is the first year we're going for a real tree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

I'm involved with Kevins Hurling club and we sell Christmas trees every year as a fundraiser for the club - trees €50 6/7ft, €55 for 8ft - shop at 286 Harold Cross Rd beside Rosie O'Gradys pub - we collect and deliver around D8,6,6w and 12

How much would you get one for. This is the first year we're going for a real tree!!

I think it was 40e last year, but the max i paid before was 50e.
    I really dont think you should be paying anymore than that.

I think it was 40e last year, but the max i paid before was 50e.
    I really dont think you should be paying anymore than that.

Good to know ! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

dorset street beside kavanaghs pub sell them D1
    DIY shop beside the canal up in phibsborough D7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Most I've ever paid for a tree was about 35 and it was mahoosive.

Some places that sell them:

Scouts in Terenure
    Outside the Tesco in Rathfarnham
    In the underground carpark of the Ashleaf shopping centre
    The vegetable shop beside Perrystown Community Centre

• Advertisement

Most I've ever paid for a tree was about 35 and it was mahoosive.

Some places that sell them:

Scouts in Terenure
    Outside the Tesco in Rathfarnham
    In the underground carpark of the Ashleaf shopping centre
    The vegetable shop beside Perrystown Community Centre

Thanks, this sounds more reasonable so.

Guys, I got my tree in Ikea last weekend. Possibly the nicest tree I have ever had! My guests over the weekend echoed this. It was €30, you get a €20 voucher to spend in Jan in Ikea and if you bring it back to be recycled with them, you get another €5 voucher. I think that is a pretty good deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Where exactly and at what time are trees solde at the Prussia St shopping centre?

Cheers,

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

sinead81 wrote: »
    Guys, I got my tree in Ikea last weekend. Possibly the nicest tree I have ever had! My guests over the weekend echoed this. It was €30, you get a €20 voucher to spend in Jan in Ikea and if you bring it back to be recycled with them, you get another €5 voucher. I think that is a pretty good deal!!

I got my tree there as well and it's one of the nicest I've had as well. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ikea trees in previous years have all be bloody gigantic. Has put me off even trying now

That said, one of the years I left it so late the tree was a tenner with the tenner voucher - free, basically. Had a puncture on the way to get it when I intended to and left it a full week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Im getting the bus to Ikea, do you think the bus driver will let me bring a tree back on the bus, if it's wrapped up. Do they wrap a sort of netting around the tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Got mine at Ikea today and I'm delighted with it. They net it after you buy it, popped it on a trolley, into the back of the car and job done.
    The net makes it much easier to put into the stand too. OH couldn't believe it only cost €30 and a €20 voucher to use after Christmas. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Allinall

Anyone know if you can get Lodgepole Pine trees anywhere?

I think they are a lot nicer and "thicker" than the usual spruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Im getting the bus to Ikea, do you think the bus driver will let me bring a tree back on the bus, if it's wrapped up. Do they wrap a sort of netting around the tree?

Did you take the tree home using Dublin Bus in the end? I'd love to hear your experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

blue_blue wrote: »
    Did you take the tree home using Dublin Bus in the end? I'd love to hear your experience.

Yes, but yer man won't let anyone else unfortunately, in case there'd be a rush of trees.

Advertisement