If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless audio from Spotify for a commercial unit.

Options
  • 23-11-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi RS,
    I realise Sonos does this and is expandable (but expensive) but a friend with an eatery in town is looking to me to source a system that can send audio to self powered speakers around the perimeter of his venue.
    I suggested of the main criteria he cited - aesthetically discrete, wireless, bluetooth / wireless, affordable, scaleable/upgradeable - he probably has to settle for 2 out of 5! Hunting for a solution has been fruitless(almost) and I suspect he is going to have to settle for a wired solution.
    Do RS stock a multi room solution for a home, that is expandable with additional speakers, that we may find workable for us? Not stupid mad volumes required - more ambience levels,
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

slavedave wrote: »
    Hi RS,
    I realise Sonos does this and is expandable (but expensive) but a friend with an eatery in town is looking to me to source a system that can send audio to self powered speakers around the perimeter of his venue.
    I suggested of the main criteria he cited - aesthetically discrete, wireless, bluetooth / wireless, affordable, scaleable/upgradeable - he probably has to settle for 2 out of 5! Hunting for a solution has been fruitless(almost) and I suspect he is going to have to settle for a wired solution.
    Do RS stock a multi room solution for a home, that is expandable with additional speakers, that we may find workable for us? Not stupid mad volumes required - more ambience levels,
    Thanks in advance.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - the main system we recommend for background music in shops and cafes is the Opus 300 system - this is a cracking little unit that allows you to connect between 1-64 pairs of speakers as the system is expandable.

The system is made up of a main zone controller called the MCU300 which retails at £399.95 and will allow you to connect up to 8 pairs of speakers - you will need a power supply unit ( £59.95) and then you can either add active in ceiling speakers (Opus AMR650 £279.95/pair) or any speakers and partner them with the Opus amplifier and wall keypad (WCU330 £169.95)

The main benefit of this system is that you can play different sources in different areas and at different volumes - ie if you have a couple having a romantic dinner date, you can turn down the speakers over their table whilst allowing the birthday party another area listen at a far louder volume level.

You can have a look at the whole system here: http://www.opus.eu/page/opus-300-introduction

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

John,
    Thank you for this info. Will have a chat with my friend about it. All the best.
    Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.