Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare marathon / half marathon & 10K - 12th May 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Its like how long is a piece of string mate. How did you feel in the 22 miler, how has your other training gone?
    fruitbats wrote: »
    thanks for that UM1, miles 12- 16 look scary, did they feel that bad when you done it last year? and the last mile looks tough? what time are you aiming for this year?
    I done a 22 mile the other day in 3 hours 15 mins, its roughly 8 min 54 sec avg, I was looking to go out with the 3.30 pacer and try to hang on till the end?(
    ( My PB is 3:41 for last years Dublin Marathon but i nearly did 27 miles in total)

what sort of long runs have people been doing ? and what is there aim for the full 26.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Anyone have any experience of the 10k? Any hills? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

RAFA B wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of the 10k? Any hills? Thanks.
    its a new route and is fairly flat

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

ultraman1 wrote: »
    its a new route and is fairly flat

Great thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Its like how long is a piece of string mate. How did you feel in the 22 miler, how has your other training gone?

I was feeling fine after the 22 miles but i was more curious if there is anyone who is going to be running with the 3 hrs 30 pacers, the lenght of their runs and what times did they do them in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

Yep I'm doing the Kildare Marathon and will follow the 3h30 pacer. Most of my training seems to indicate I would be good for a few minutes faster but its more important for me to finish having pulled out of DCM with an injury in October. I did my last long run the weekend before last at 22miles (about 3h5min) and felt good although I slowed a bit for the last 5 miles. Hopefully will see you there looking after a pacer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Bludub wrote: »
    Yep I'm doing the Kildare Marathon and will follow the 3h30 pacer.
    Where can you find out what pacers will be there? Didn't see it online anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Bludub wrote: »
    Yep I'm doing the Kildare Marathon and will follow the 3h30 pacer. Most of my training seems to indicate I would be good for a few minutes faster

I was one of the 3:30 pacers last year and we still had 5 guys with us at mile 24. They all managed to speed up over the last couple of miles to finish around 3:28-ish.

You could try the same, stay with the pacers for most of it and then push on towards the end if you've got something left in your legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Does anyone know if there will be pacers for the Half this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

yes, 1:30, 1:45, 2hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

According to the newsletter sent out last week:
    This year, Run Kildare will have a 10k Pacer at 1 hour and 1.15 to help beginners achieve goals

Other Pacers include:

Half Marathon
    1:30hrs
    1:45hrs
    2:00hrs

Full Marathon

3:00hrs
    3:15hrs
    3:30hrs
    3:45hrs
    4:00hrs
    4:15hrs
    4:30hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Thanks menoscemo and Krusty, now to deicde to risk going 1:45 or play it safe (ish) and go out at 1:50 pace. Decision desisions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

Where can you find out what pacers will be there? Didn't see it online anywhere.

yes i saw 3 hrs 3.15, 3.30 and 3.45 on there Q N A's

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Hi,

Just decided / registered to do half-marathon yesterday, spur of the moment. Anyway, I'm travelling from Limerick on Sunday morning and not gonna be able to travel up to collect race-pack on Saturday. Anybody here who could do me a BIG favour and collect my race-pack on Saturday and meet me on Sunday morning if I give them my name and race-number by PM? Would be much appreciated...

By the way - haven't seen much discussion on boards.ie about half-marathon course (could have missed it) - is it pretty flat?

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Hi,

Just decided / registered to do half-marathon yesterday, spur of the moment. Anyway, I'm travelling from Limerick on Sunday morning and not gonna be able to travel up to collect race-pack on Saturday. Anybody here who could do me a BIG favour and collect my race-pack on Saturday and meet me on Sunday morning if I give them my name and race-number by PM? Would be much appreciated...

By the way - haven't seen much discussion on boards.ie about half-marathon course (could have missed it) - is it pretty flat?

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

Will be collecting on Saturday for 10k and could pick up for you but would possibly be out running the 10k when you hit the Curragh on Sunday??

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Did anyone receive their race pack for the marathon yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

FITZA wrote: »
    Will be collecting on Saturday for 10k and could pick up for you but would possibly be out running the 10k when you hit the Curragh on Sunday??
    First of all FITZA - thanks :-)

Yeah, might be tight timewise. If somebody who's running the half-marathon or an organiser gets back to me, I'll take them up on it. If not, I'll make it my business to be there in time to get it from you. Keep an eye on this thread but one way or another, I'll PM you by Friday - and thanks again!

super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

First of all FITZA - thanks :-)

Yeah, might be tight timewise. If somebody who's running the half-marathon or an organiser gets back to me, I'll take them up on it. If not, I'll make it my business to be there in time to get it from you. Keep an eye on this thread but one way or another, I'll PM you by Friday - and thanks again!

super_freddie.

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Mad Benny,
    I'm doing the half & haven't received my race pack yet, I didn't get that email either which detailed the pacers etc as posted on page 3!

On their website they say they hope to have racepacks delivered by thursday 9th, so hopefully.

good luck on sunday,

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

They have posted the following half marathon course and elevation over on their facebook page for those that are interested

600909_446086922151677_117965636_n.jpg
    Link - https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600909_446086922151677_117965636_n.jpg

923481_445606398866396_21622192_n.png
    Link - https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923481_445606398866396_21622192_n.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi,

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

super_freddie
    If you are still stuck for somebody to pick this up by Friday afternoon PM me as I am doing the half marathon also and will be picking up mine on Saturday so could pick up yours aswell if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Discount code I just got in an e-mail. LRK15 , 15% off for next 100 entrants into any of the 3 races.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Race pack arrived this morning:) On their latest email they recommend contacting them if you haven't received it by Wednesday!
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I just realized that I opted for the Saturday collection of race pack (doing the 10k). Would anyone who is collecting for the 10k on Saturday be able to pick mine up ? Thanks

First Marathon and training hasn't gone all to well.

That said I'm aiming for around 2:45ish, I am fairly confident I can hold down 6:30's until 20 miles, will have to see what the last six feels like.

Will there be any pacers in or around this pace, or anyone likely to be going at that pace I can run with on here?

This equally could all go tits up, haven't been a proper runner for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

That said I'm aiming for around 2:45ish, I am fairly confident I can hold down 6:30's until 20 miles, will have to see what the last six feels like.

Will there be any pacers in or around this pace, or anyone likely to be going at that pace I can run with on here?

anyone gonna bite....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

ultraman1 wrote: »
    anyone gonna bite....

Have a look for a fella in a yellow Amphibian King singlet at the start. He'll pace ya round no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I ran it in around 2:46 last year for fourth place, so you should be well up there, in terms of the results (if you're not taking the pi$$). However, you'll pretty much be running the entire race on your own after the first mile. Quite unlikely you'll have any company. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I'm aiming for 2.44.59 but a last minute problem - the strap on one of me sandals is broke - means I might be struggling. If I can hop away at 6.25 pace there's still a chance I can pull it off. Look out for me near the start; I'll be wearing me vintage WBA top.

• Advertisement

Clearly I have said something daft here - however thanks Krusty, that gives me a better idea of where things are.

Best of luck to everyone, see you Sunday!

Advertisement