Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Ascend G300

Options
  • 23-11-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi all, had to bring above device back to vodafone because it was dropping calls etc, got it back and seems to be working ok..., but, everything is different on it, all small symbols ie battery, wifi strength are now coloured blue, they used to be green, its not easy on your eyes to look at, also the way the phone is answered has changed. I've tried restoring factory settings but didnt work. Anyone have any idea's... Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

When they were repairing it they may not have flashed the same version of Android you had before. Or perhaps they didn't include Huawei's launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Hopping The Border

You were upgraded to the latest android software when your phone was repaired - there is no way to change it.

In any case why would you - it is far superior?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'm thinking about getting this phone,bar the problems you had is it a good phone to use,it would be my first smartphone and is it suited to a first time smartphone user?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

I'm thinking about getting this phone,bar the problems you had is it a good phone to use,it would be my first smartphone and is it suited to a first time smartphone user?

This is my first smartphone also, cant fault it otherwise, superb picture quality and great for youtube etc. Just one other thing, ringtone volume is not that loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

nophd08 wrote: »
    This is my first smartphone also, cant fault it otherwise, superb picture quality and great for youtube etc. Just one other thing, ringtone volume is not that loud.

Cheers for that

A mate of mine has one as well was looking at it today,looks the part and he had no problems with it.

• Advertisement

Just make sure you have the latest software upgrade for it - it alleviates the ringtone somewhat and negates any previous memory card problems.

With that said it is an excellent phone - my only concern being the picture quality would not match more high end models, but then at a fraction of the price that is to expected.

Cnet UK are usually fairly good for reviews - I use them for most electrical purchases:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/huawei-ascend-g300-review-50007180/

Just make sure you have the latest software upgrade for it - it alleviates the ringtone somewhat and negates any previous memory card problems.

With that said it is an excellent phone - my only concern being the picture quality would not match more high end models, but then at a fraction of the price that is to expected.

Cnet UK are usually fairly good for reviews - I use them for most electrical purchases:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/huawei-ascend-g300-review-50007180/

Advertisement