Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering lost UPC password

• 23-11-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    bit of a dilemma here, my parents have internet with UPC. Only really use it for checking emails etc and their laptop was recently stolen from their car.

Now the problem is they've bought a new one but cant find the piece of paper with the password on it. The wifi is still signed in on my fathers phone though (Samsung Galaxy S).

Is there any way to find the password by accessing the router using the phone? (I remember you could do something with Eircom ones)
    Im not sure if they've changed it from the original password but just though id ask before I rang up UPC.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The code will also be on the bottom of your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

And what if its been changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Depending on the model of the router, restoring to factory settings will reset the password to the original. Hold in the reset button on the back of the modem for 30 seconds.

Ok I just got off the phone with my mum and theres no sticker on the router. Nothing written there either so it must of been removed. I have a feeling we've hit a dead end here. Is there any way to get it from the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What router is it.

Is it one box, or two boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Ok I just got off the phone with my mum and theres no sticker on the router. Nothing written there either so it must of been removed. I have a feeling we've hit a dead end here. Is there any way to get it from the phone?

Don't matter anyway...you couldn't get access to the router using your phone....the only way of getting into your router is if connected through it

edit correction, no I just noticed you are connected through wifi on your phone

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What router is it.

Is it one box, or two boxes?

Just the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Connect to the router with an Ethernet cable.
    Open your browser and in the address bar type in either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
    One of these will prompt for a login...
    Leave username blank and admin as password.

Look for wireless setup...
    You should find the key here.....
    My advice is to change it to something you remember.

Advertisement