Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Husky stolen

• 23-11-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I have almost an identical situation and I also live just outside Ballingarry. My sons Husky was stolen this morning and I have searched everywhere that I can think of but no sign of her. She is only 10 months old and was bought to replace his last dog whom got knocked down. He will be devastated if we dont get her back as he is very attached to her. Please if anyone could help or give any ideas I would be ever so grateful.

Mod edit: This thread has been split away from an old thread about an Akita that was stolen last April in Limerick.
    Bup, I gave you your own thread so that readers can focus on your story, not that of the Akita which happened months ago: the OP in that thread, bazzak20, has not used this forum since his Akita was found, and so is unlikely to see these threads, so as already advised, you may be better contacting him direct by PM.
    Original thread is here: do not resurrect it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056598451
    Thanks,
    DBB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

bup wrote: »
    Hi I have almost an identical situation and I also live just outside Ballingarry. My sons Husky was stolen this morning and I have searched everywhere that I can think of but no sign of her. She is only 10 months old and was bought to replace his last dog whom got knocked down. He will be devastated if we dont get her back as he is very attached to her. Please if anyone could help or give any ideas I would be ever so grateful.

Post a picture on here and on Facebook, share with rescues around the muster area, get onto limerick animal welfare and ask them to feature it on their Facebook page. Contact the pound and the local gardai, the radio stations, make posters and get them up all over the place. Make sure that you offer a reward for the safe return or info leading to it. Did you or any one else see anything? Is the the dog microchipped, wearing a collar, tag, is she neutered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

try and make contact with bazzak20 this looks like its possible it may be the same culpits

they may be able to give some pointers as to who was involved in their dog been taken

hopefully you will have the same outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bup

Good News, I put up pics and info on facebook and also contacted local radio and guards and between them all my son has his dog back. Guards say that its common enough occurance now but main thing is that we have her back, thanks for all the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

bup wrote: »
    Good News, I put up pics and info on facebook and also contacted local radio and guards and between them all my son has his dog back. Guards say that its common enough occurance now but main thing is that we have her back, thanks for all the advice
    Delighted to hear such good news!! Well done on all your hard work in getting her back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

brilliant news you must be delighted its terrible not knowing where they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Great news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

So was she stolen, or did she just escape? How high is the fence around the garden, huskies are well known escape artists.

Advertisement