Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross border texting

Options
  • 23-11-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I think this is in the right place, but feel free to move it!
    I'm living in Galway, but most of my family is in Belfast. At the moment i'm on o2 bill pay, but texts to Belfast are working out very expensive.
    I've been trying to see what network is the best value for cross border texting (I don't call cross border much) I'd love some advice!
    Would it work out cheaper to get a second phone with a UK network sim card in it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

o2 webtext allows you to send webtexts to uk mobile numbers. if you combine this with www.cabbagetexter.com you can send 500 free texts to the uk per month from your phone.

if the other people have whatsapp too then you can send each other messages using just your data allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone let you use your texts for €1.50 extra a month to anywhere in the world, the unlimited text add on would be €7.50 to anywhere in the world. Not sure if you're in a position to move to vodafone though

Advertisement