Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the new Rock & Metal Mod...?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

It is I!

Just thought I'd post to let you all know I've been chosen to try and fill the mod boots left by Malice. No small task, but I'll give it my best shot!

Some of you will probably recognise me from the forum, I may not be the most familiar face, but I visit the forum all the time and will be doing my best to keep everything running smoothly.

This forum is one of the nicest environments for discussion on Boards, and I hope it stays that way while I'm moderator.
    I'm new to modding so hopefully it won't take too long for me to get up to speed.

In the meantime, keep on rocking and keep up the chat! And once again, a big thanks to Malice for all the great work he put in during his time as Mod!

Comments

Welcome!

Your first job is to sort out the beers...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

A big task! But I guess with Malice no longer being a Mod it means we can ignore the suggestions to have it in Galway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭few

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    It is I!

Just thought I'd post to let you all know I've been chosen to try and fill the mod boots left by Malice. No small task, but I'll give it my best shot!

Some of you will probably recognise me from the forum, I may not be the most familiar face, but I visit the forum all the time and will be doing my best to keep everything running smoothly.

This forum is one of the nicest environments for discussion on Boards, and I hope it stays that way while I'm moderator.
    I'm new to modding so hopefully it won't take too long for me to get up to speed.

In the meantime, keep on rocking and keep up the chat! And once again, a big thanks to Malice for all the great work he put in during his time as Mod!

Congratulations! Good luck with us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

It is I!

And once again, a big thanks to Malice for all the great work he put in during his time as Mod!

Wow! And the R/M forum now has a medical professional to dispense free medical advice. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

few wrote: »

Congratulations! Good luck with us :D

I second this I'm sure you'll do a decent job and yes I do recognize u from posting here since my days of lurking yet alone posting myself congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

That's brilliant, well done Dr.Poca!

Good to have a fellow Steven Wilson enthusiast as Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awesome, a new mod who hasn't posted on the forum in over a year :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice one Admin, you've excelled yerselfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Scudz is furious :p

Well done Dr. P :)

Scudz is furious :p

Well done Dr. P :)

Not at all, just that how can someone be a mod when they've not posted in over a year??

OOOOPS, i looked in the wrong place, guess i was wrong!! Didn't click 'Newest first'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Congrats from me, too :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well done mate ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Welcome aboard Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

The steady hand of a doctor, a wise choice! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not at all, just that how can someone be a mod when they've not posted in over a year??

OOOOPS, i looked in the wrong place, guess i was wrong!! Didn't click 'Newest first'

Anyone else embarrassed for this lad???

Congrats Dr.Poca

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

In fairness, he ****ed up, noticed his mistake and corrected himself where he could've deleted the post. I would've deleted it, so would a lot of us, so maybe it speaks of his moral character?!

Anywho, Dr. Poca, how do you feel about the Birthday Massacre?

Thanks for the welcomes all.

And no hard feelings scudzilla, simple mistake.

Getting the mod spot will give me added incentive to lurk less and post more
    viadah wrote: »

Anywho, Dr. Poca, how do you feel about the Birthday Massacre?

I've never really listened to them. Will have to check out some songs and get back to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I've never really listened to them. Will have to check out some songs and get back to you!

Balls. Malice swung it for both of us last year in 'Best Rock', it was nice having a mod on side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

He'll never get back to you either, just didn't wanna hurt your feelings.

endasmail wrote: »
    Anyone else embarrassed for this lad???

Congrats Dr.Poca

No need to feel embarrassed for me, was a simple mistake. When i clicked on Dr Poca's name to left of OP i selected see more posts, as not had much interaction with the guy and didn't recognise name.
    When the posts came up 'Best Match' was dislayed first, which showed he'd not posted in R&M in over a year, i didn't select 'Newest First', like i should have, my fcuk up.

I only brought it up as R&M is a subject i'm passionate about and i like this forum, so the thoughts of giving it to someone who never posted here was a bit wrong in my book.

I could easily have deleted but that's not my way, i stand by what i say, right or wrong, but if i'm wrong i'd rather edit a thread and apologose and explain.

In the midst of all this i must apologise again for not congratulating the old Dr.Poca on getting his free Coke & Hookers membership card ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ah, I did not see the sticky on the last couple of visits, congratulations Dr.Poca! :)

Excellent poster, quite passionate about the genre, a well liked poster, fully deserved! All the best in your modding endeavours good sir, I shall look forward to dealing with you the future (a.k.a. trying to get out of a ban). ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Congrats!

Arrange a beers to celebrate!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Arrange a beers to celebrate!

And provide a "Boards R&M Beers" sign

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well in Poca.

A good choice as R&M mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

steady on now people has anyone checked if he really has the credentials to mod the Metal forum?

no?

Ok, i'll check...

Dr. Poca, do you like Manowar?

:D

best of luck doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

A physician? Brilliant! We need a doctor! Let's hope you get it...now pick a job from the hat....

....ooooo Village Idiot, that's a good one, on Tuesday's you get to wave your penis at traffic!....welcome aboard....

Congratulations Dr Poca on your appointment:D

steady on now people has anyone checked if he really has the credentials to mod the Metal forum?

no?

Ok, i'll check...

Dr. Poca, do you like Manowar?

:D

best of luck doc.

I do like Manowar! Saw them last year and all :D

Thanks again all

Advertisement