Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cashing a bank draft

Options
  • 23-11-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

im closeing my bank account and was hoping to get my savings in cash, turns out the bank in question will only pay out by draft, no cash!
    is there somewhere i can get this cashed without opening another bank account? its a reasonably large sum i guess.
    thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi oceanman,

Thanks for your query. It is Bank of Ireland procedure that bank drafts must be lodged to accounts as they are considered crossed cheques. You would need to hold an account with us to lodge the cheque into.

It may be possible to cash the draft in another bank or possibly a credit union, however, you will need to check with the individual institutions yourself as we cannot comment on other banks procedures.

Sorry we could not be of more help.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

oceanman wrote: »
    im closeing my bank account and was hoping to get my savings in cash, turns out the bank in question will only pay out by draft, no cash!
    is there somewhere i can get this cashed without opening another bank account? its a reasonably large sum i guess.
    thanks for any advise.

Why not get the savings paid in before the account closes and then make arrangemnets with the bank to withdraw in cash. then close the account?

Advertisement