Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels Fans - TV50 - 'In My Book You Should Be Ahead'

• 23-11-2012 11:47pm

Hi all. Did anyone see this program?

Its on RTE Player. Fascinating stuff. How some of the clubs survived is beyond me. Very poor attendance at games in the 70s due of course to many various factors. Manager and lads running the clubs were pure loose cannons :D

One of the Shels players looked like Kenny Egan :D

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10038569/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shocked they still exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

They done a re-run of that programme a few weeks back at around midnight if I remember correctly, first time I'd seen it, was a good watch.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shocked they still exist.

Winning cups equals money...52?;)

Winning cups equals money...52?;)

Never been Shelegated makes it easier to sleep at night :pac:

its not like we expect to win the ****ing stupid cup.

I feel proper sh*t now that i dont support the local and national club teams more. I seen clips of young Forrester for St Pats recently and coupled with that and the other players like Long, Doyle, McClean and Fahey who have made it across the pond i feel i should have supported LOI a considerable amount more then i have. Added to that i have two men in my locality in Michael Rafter and Daryl Kavanagh who are both plying their trade in the LOI. Kilkenny were my nearest club but Waterford are now the nearest. Might try get the odd game in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They cream themselves over their history though and the hardship made the Shells fans the paragons of LOI virtue that they are today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I like Shels(in respect way). I have been to few of their games over past few seasons and there supporters all be it not huge, they are very loyal. Maybe the most loyal in league, but certainly in Dublin.

I just cant help but chuckle though when they have dig at Cork and the new club considering there little situation few years ago. But that is another matter.

I enjoyed that though. Nice to see players back then were just as worried about their looks as they do now.;)

I feel proper sh*t now that i dont support the local and national club teams more. I seen clips of young Forrester for St Pats recently and coupled with that and the other players like Long, Doyle, McClean and Fahey who have made it across the pond i feel i should have supported LOI a considerable amount more then i have. Added to that i have two men in my locality in Michael Rafter and Daryl Kavanagh who are both plying their trade in the LOI. Kilkenny were my nearest club but Waterford are now the nearest. Might try get the odd game in.

Waterford have Sean Maguire, supposedly has a huge future.
    I just cant help but chuckle though when they have dig at Cork and the new club considering there little situation few years ago. But that is another matter

Everyone of our debts were paid, and are still being paid, that's the difference! ;)

Everyone of our debts were paid, and are still being paid, that's the difference! ;)

My point proven.

Cant resist. huff and puff, but just some get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Never been Shelegated makes it easier to sleep at night :pac:

its not like we expect to win the ****ing stupid cup.

Same like Sch**** in Germany, who expect to win the ****ing league, and fail...and fail...and fail? :D

Anyway, there must be something magic in Tolka, I went there once and something drags me down there ever since :cool:

Best pay the player who is bringing you to court so.

Cant believe your still at it.

Disgusting club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I like Shels(in respect way). I have been to few of their games over past few seasons and there supporters all be it not huge, they are very loyal. Maybe the most loyal in league, but certainly in Dublin.

I just cant help but chuckle though when they have dig at Cork and the new club considering there little situation few years ago. But that is another matter.

I enjoyed that though. Nice to see players back then were just as worried about their looks as they do now.;)

In what way are they loyal?

monkey9 wrote: »
    In what way are they loyal?

The small loyal support I have seen or spoken to when at games there seems to be best that I have come across.

Its up for debate of course. I am just giving my experience having been to few few games in Dublin between the big sides.

Best pay the player who is bringing you to court so.

Cant believe your still at it.

Disgusting club.

foo32-hh-thumb-320x356-48.png

Advertisement