Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs QPR match thread 24/11/2012 K/O 15.00 Setanta.

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No. The keeper is not relevant, every player is relevant and in fact in my example the keeper is not relevant at all in the offside decision. Suggest you have a look at the laws of the game.

In your example, no.

In 99.9% of off-side cases, yes.

If "every" player is relevant, then obviously that position is included too. It doesn't have to be the 'keeper, it just usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

No. The keeper is not relevant, every player is relevant and in fact in my example the keeper is not relevant at all in the offside decision. Suggest you have a look at the laws of the game.

Every player is relevant, yet the keeper; who is a player, is not?

Great, unrelenting logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Unlucky there Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

In your example, no.

In 99.9% of off-side cases, yes.

If "every" player is relevant, then obviously that position is included too. It doesn't have to be the 'keeper, it just usually is.
    Agreed. Every player is relevant, but the keeper is not someone who is specifically mentioned in the laws as an "individual of special interest" if you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wayne Rooney Motm...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Have to love those runs by Anderson .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

The original poster looked like they didn't understand the "two-man" rule and just suggested the keeper was irrelevant when in fact he is included in the two men so therefore he is relevant if you know what I mean :P

They seemed to think you could have one man (a defender) between the player and the goal even if the keeper was at the other end of the pitch or out of play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Delighted with that win now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Agreed. Every player is relevant, but the keeper is not someone who is specifically mentioned in the laws as an "individual of special interest" if you will.

Great to be able to agree on these things before the final whistle! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Same old stuff that we've seen most of the season. Play crap for an hour, ''woops, we're losing again?'' Turn it on and get the win. 3 points are the main thing though.

Also, bye bye QPR. Enjoy the Championship because they sure as shít aren't staying up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

That is not technically true. The only thing that is relevant is players. The keeper could be on the half way line and 2 players behind him. If the ball is played while an opposition players is between those two players then he is offside, if he is on his own goal side in the opposition half and in front of both players then he is onside. The reason for confusion is two fold, not knowing the laws and also the fact that it is usually the keeper who is the last man.

Aye, that is what i meant, that he is included.

Think the OP thought that the keeper was somehow exempt to the rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

J. Marston wrote: »
    Same old stuff that we've seen most of the season. Play crap for an hour, ''woops, we're losing again?'' Turn it on and get the win. 3 points are the main thing though.

Also, bye bye QPR. Enjoy the Championship because they sure as shít aren't staying up.

Long way to go yet. Redknapp took over a spurs side with 2 points from 8 games sitting dead last in the league and got them up to midtable his first year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

[Melion]Thread lost a few "neutrals" after the second United goal...[/Melion] :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

spiralism wrote: »
    Long way to go yet. Redknapp took over a spurs side with 2 points from 8 games sitting dead last in the league and got them up to midtable his first year

That Spurs team was an established Premier League side.

QPR are doomed I think. Especially since Norwich look like they've adapted to their second season and Wigan have actually turned up in the first half :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Again made hard work of it.Poor team selection and lack of energy/drive is very worring.
    What does Anderson have to do to get in the starting XI?Impressed again when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

cambo2008 wrote: »
    [Melion]Thread lost a few "neutrals" after the second United goal...[/Melion] :D

Was a fun few mins for the neutrals alright, back in their box now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

spiralism wrote: »

That was Spurs though, they were a good team going through a very bad patch and credit to him, he helped turn it around.

But this is QPR, a crap team in in shocking form. I don't think he's turning this one around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get in!!!

Hopefully QPR fans joined in the celebrations:D

Get in!!!

Hopefully QPR fans joined in the celebrations:D
    Well most of them are probably neighbours with the Man U fans :)

Well most of them are probably neighbours with the Man U fans :)

Poor comeback;)

• Advertisement

Poor comeback;)
    Not a comeback, more injecting a bit of jollity. These "neutrals" have to have something to smile at :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Alex Ferguson just said "We only played for ten minutes"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Wayne Rooney Motm...:rolleyes:

What's rolleyes about that? Rooney was my MotM by a distance.

Pro. F wrote: »
    What's rolleyes about that? Rooney was my MotM by a distance.

Ya I thought he had super game.

Covered the whole field today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Rooney does a somewhat thankless job. He's all over the pitch and trying to get the ball into Van Persie. I'm sure he'd much prefer to be more involved up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

cgpg5 wrote: »

QPR are doomed I think. Especially since Norwich look like they've adapted to their second season and Wigan have actually turned up in the first half :pac:

Villa are an established premier league side and could well go down. Newcastle and Leeds weren't too big to go down. 8 points in a survival race is nothing at this stage because all these sides are dropping points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »
    Forgot to mention QPR kick off at 3pm,United at 4.15.

I actually checked the time when United really woke up after going a goal down,spookily it was 4.15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

cgpg5 wrote: »

QPR may not be an established side, but its hard to disagree with the fact that they have some really good players (and yes, some awful ones). Which is why it makes it so difficult to understand how Mark Hughes got it so wrong.

Actually it isnt, he's just a poor motivator and by extension , a poor manager..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Alex Ferguson just said "We only played for ten minutes"

He's not wrong there

• Advertisement
Advertisement