Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why arent my Firefox tabs not there next morning when i open up the laptop

Options
  • 24-11-2012 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi, if possible to get some idea on why this is happening now in the past few days as it didnt do it before?

Its a Windows 7 laptop
    SP1

Thats the info i got from Control Panel\System and Security\System.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Firefox 17 just came out the other day, bug maybe?

Theirs been problems with most of the last 3 or 4 releases. No results on Google for it though.

You just put Laptop to sleep is it? All the time? Restart lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Firefox 17 just came out the other day, bug maybe?

Theirs been problems with most of the last 3 or 4 releases. No results on Google for it though.

You just put Laptop to sleep is it? All the time? Restart lately?

Thanks for the reply, I'm using firefox 15,
    when i leave it to sleep overnite, i open it up all is see desktop screen & no tabs open,
    but when i leave the lid down for an hour or so, & when i lift it up again i get the windows screen to log on,
    but i dont get the log on screen when i open up in the morning, why is that i wonder?

Turn it off/on and just see if it's still the same.

Update to 17.

Turn it off/on and just see if it's still the same.

Update to 17.

Might just do that restart & to update to 17, as its a bit of a bugger that you dont have any tabs left open in the morning, as you would have to save them overnite in a folder & i meant to say it's ok to see the windows screen after closing the lid for an hour, but somehow you don't in the morning. I'll see what happens tomoro.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Thanks for the reply, I'm using firefox 15,
    when i leave it to sleep overnite, i open it up all is see desktop screen & no tabs open,
    but when i leave the lid down for an hour or so, & when i lift it up again i get the windows screen to log on,
    but i dont get the log on screen when i open up in the morning, why is that i wonder?

your laptop is set to go into suspend mode when you close the lid.

either change the setting or dont close the lid if u dont want it to go into suspend mode

if the laptop is idle or in suspend mode for over a certain period (that is set by you in the power management console in control panel) it turns off the laptop automatically

• Advertisement

either change the setting or dont close the lid if u dont want it to go into suspend mode

if the laptop is idle or in suspend mode for over a certain period (that is set by you in the power management console in control panel) it turns off the laptop automatically
    Is Suspend another name for Hibernation?

I was reading

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

but no laptop to check how it works on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Is Suspend another name for Hibernation?

I was checking

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

but no laptop to check how it works on them.

yeah suspend aka hibernation aka sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Sleep and suspend/hibernate are not the same thing.

Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation when you know that you won't use your laptop for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.
    Should open them right then though, shouldn't it? Unless it is just a restart thats needed.

I always just turn stuff off myself.

I have the shortcut for power options on my desktop for easy access to - >
    Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings

-> When i press the power button - set for shutdown (i dont use)
    -> when i press the sleep button - set for sleep
    -> when i close the lid - sleep

This has been set this way for a while, but the firefox tabs not open in the morning is a new one, as you have to start over again with the home page.

• Advertisement

It seemed to work today as it had to restart a few time due to Windows updates, fingers crossed.

But i have to start a different post regarding windows updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OP Follow these instructions here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055274237

And post the results to this thread here.

Advertisement