Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet dropping

Options
  • 24-11-2012 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any particular reason why my wireless starts to drop every night after 4am, it's bad enough that I don't get the speeds I'm paying for, but for it to be constantly dropping like this is ridiculous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

kmart6 wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason why my wireless starts to drop every night after 4am, it's bad enough that I don't get the speeds I'm paying for, but for it to be constantly dropping like this is ridiculous!

Hi kmart6
    If you PM me your acc and tel number I can have this checked for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I have PM'd you the details there now, but even that took awhile because the connection is dropping now, at 1 in the day!!

These are the latest Speed Test results:

Speed results

Test date
    29 November 2012 13:01:16
    Download Speed
    0.22 Mb/s
    This is equal to
    218 kbps
    Upload Speed
    0.11 Mb/s
    This is equal to
    106 kbps
    Latency
    176 ms

Not exactly close to what we should be getting for and are paying for!

*Deleting double post caused from the internet dropping, surprisingly!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

*Deleting double post caused from the internet dropping, surprisingly!*

Hi kmart6,

I got your details from Tony. I ran some checks on your line and broadband connection both are testing fine.

However there should be some margin to increase the speed, but in speaking to managers in broadband support they advised it may be best to call them on 1890 260 260 to try sort out the disconnects before looking into the speed issue.

Would you be able to give them a call and let us know how you get on?

Thanks, Mark

So after being in contact with the Support Team all they suggested was changing the frequency channel, worked fine up until now when the internet started dropping again!

Also on the speed issue, was amazing how it was possible to increase speeds to our line just because I rang up, surely the best customer service would be to provide the best service initially!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

So after being in contact with the Support Team all they suggested was changing the frequency channel, worked fine up until now when the internet started dropping again!

Also on the speed issue, was amazing how it was possible to increase speeds to our line just because I rang up, surely the best customer service would be to provide the best service initially!!!

Hi kmart6,

Are the disconnects happening with the same regularity or is there any improvement?

If you would like try a few wireless changes on our forum - http://bit.ly/PlpCli

Thanks, Mark

Still dropping with the same regularity!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Still dropping with the same regularity!

maybe your router is faulty? did u check with different one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi kmart6

I have contacted our technical support team regarding this issue and I have also ran a few tests. I cannot identify an issue or fault with your line and technical support have asked me to advise you to call them on 1890260260 if these issues persist.

Regards

Al

Advertisement