Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airticity or Electric Ireland(ESB) with new Price Chart

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Every weeks there are at least 2 people ringing the bell for switch over. and they are trying to tell me ESB(Electric Ireland) is expensive,they are the best and cheap in the country, blah blah...

I got my last bill €157 for 59days with 4 in family. Heater,boiler,shower,etc,

But I see that there was a pre-warning letter with last bill indicating that Electric Ireland is bringing up the price of Electricity.

This fella asked me to if can show him my last bill.I did. And he was shocked.He believes that if i be with them for a semi-detached house and 4 lives in it, i can save up €20-30.

I all search through both companies electricity prices,and ESB seems expensive but i also heard some people not happy with Airtricity.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

I can only speak for myself here but i find airtricity ok. Im with nearly 2 years. The only hassle i had was when i forgot to put in the meter readings and my bill was estimated very low and the next bill was huge. If you submit regular meter readings its no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

I moved to a new detached house, 4 bedroom house. 2 of us living there. All radiators turned off in all bar one bedroom, no real heating on during the day, we have gotten a new boiler. Laptops and tv on fairly often and we have an electriv oven and hob.

Electricity bill for 2 months was €146 and Gas bill was €340 Including online billing, direct debit and cheap gas option. and the house is absolutely freezing. Probably more to do with the house but bills are madness in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Was with airtricity for two years - didn't find them much cheaper, constant billing mistakes and customer service useless.

I switched back to esb and am happy enough with them.

Advertisement