Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch or not switch from Electric Ireland(ESB)

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Every weeks there are at least 2 people ringing the bell for switch over. and they are trying to tell me ESB(Electric Ireland) is expensive,they are the best and cheap in the country, blah blah...

I got my last bill €157 for 59days with 4 in family.Heater,boiler,shower,etc,But I see that there was a pre-warning letter with last bill indicating that Electric Ireland is bringing up the price of Electricity.

This fella asked me to if can show him my last bill.I did. And he was shocked.He believes that if i be with them for a semi-detached house and 4 lives in it, i can save up €20-30.

I all search through both companies electricity prices,and ESB seems expensive but i also heard some people not happy with Airtricity.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi buzz E

Well, bearing in mind I'm an Electric Ireland representative I'll do my best to be impartial. ;)

The best resource you can check for an objective comparison of electricity or gas rates is bonkers.ie.
    buzz E wrote:
    I got my last bill €157 for 59days with 4 in family... This fella asked me to if can show him my last bill.I did. And he was shocked

For a semi-detached house with 4 occupants, €157 for two months isn't too bad; certainly not something to be shocked about if you have any knowledge of average residential usage. In addition to the discounts we offer, there are a number of resources on our website designed to help you lower your costs. See here.
    buzz E wrote:
    I see that there was a pre-warning letter with last bill indicating that Electric Ireland is bringing up the price of Electricity.

Electric Ireland, Bord Gáis Energy and Airtricity all increased their prices in October 2012 - you can find a full explanation of the reasons behind our price increase here. We do what we can to keep increases to a minimum, and are mindful of the financial pressures many of our customers face. We do not, however, have plans for further increases at the present time.

If you're looking for a reason to stay with Electric Ireland, it's worth mentioning that we topped CER’s recent energy market consumer survey with 92% of customers satisfied. Surpassing our previous high of 83% in 2011, we beat all our main competitors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

Hi David.

Thanks for your post,

How would I find out that which price plan I am on with Electric Ireland.??

I dont want to register for online account because I want my paper bill to the post box.

As far as I remember there is only one clock turning in ESB box outside on wall.I dont have night saver scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

buzz E wrote:
    How would I find out that which price plan I am on with Electric Ireland.??

Your price plan/tariff would be stated on your bill (see here for a sample bill; no. 17 on page 2 shows the price plan).

I can also check it for you myself if you send me your account details by PM (including your full name, address and contact no./date of birth for account security). Note that we can only discuss account details with the registered account holder.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement