Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was going on in Trim last night?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook about helicopters, a pile of squad cars and gardai everywhere.
    Anyone know what happened? Also heard a rumour of a bomb going off in Navan Garda station as perhaps being the reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

There was one if not two helicopters hovering around for about half an hour anyhow.
    Woke me up as they were quite close to my house.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I missed all that, what time was this all at, and what part of Trim? I didn't hear a peep.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I saw nothing and I was out driving at 11pm and again at 12.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I'm not sure what time, I've just heard a few reports of people being woken by a helicopter and gardai. Think it was to do with something in Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

I'm not sure what time, I've just heard a few reports of people being woken by a helicopter and gardai. Think it was to do with something in Navan.
    I know that in Wicklow the other week the helicopter was using it's heat seeking camera to find these cannibas grow houses. Saw it fying over Swords about 4.30pm today actually ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

A girl i work with was telling me about it. she said there was a car chase from navan and when the garda caught them they had loads of drugs with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

It was members of a "certain minority" that were involved in a chase after a robbery in Navan.
    They were hiding out at the Protestant church grounds when they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

It was members of a "certain minority" that were involved in a chase after a robbery in Navan.
    They were hiding out at the Protestant church grounds when they were caught.

The old protestant minority again, heh!

Only kidding, I know what you're saying ;)

Advertisement