Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment protection insurance

Options
  • 24-11-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hello,
    im looking for some advice please,
    my problem is as follows, i have a BOI advantage credit card since approx 2007 with a limit of 3100, i was made redundant in feb 2011 and was out of work until thankfully may 2012, whilst out of work i had struggled to meet my repayments and unfortunetly ran up interest to a total of around 3700 at its most. when i returned to work i contacted boi card services and agreed to repay 100 a month, which is fine and my card is now down to 3200 again.

My question is this, was i or am i still entitled to claim on my ppi since i was out of work for over a year? was completely unaware i was even paying it to be honest but was told by a friend that i may be entitled to claim?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i have two loans paid off with boi 3000 and 10000, and am pretty sure that i had ppi on them too. i am quiete sure that it was sold to me as part of the loan and i was certainly not aware i was even paying it until iv heard so much about ppi recently. again all help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi McCoy,

Thanks for your post.

I would advise calling Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251/ 00 353 56 7757747 and a representative will look into your Credit Card PPI query for you.

We have a sticky for PPI queries on loan accounts that should help
    Important Notice for Bank of Ireland Payment Protection Insurance Customers

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt][FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]At the request of the Central Bank of Ireland (the Central Bank), Bank of Ireland, as part of an industry wide review, has commenced a review of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policies sold from 1st August 2007 to date. The review will be overseen by an independent third party acceptable to the Central Bank. [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]We will be writing to all customers who were sold PPI policies directly by Bank of Ireland during this period, by 30th November 2012. The letter will provide more details on the review. [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]In the meantime, you do not need to do anything. As agreed with the Central Bank, any complaints or concerns expressed by either you or by a third party acting on your behalf will be considered as part of the review. [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]Thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]Billy[/FONT]

[/FONT]

If you took out your loans prior to 1st August 2007, please call your branch who will offer assistance.

A full list of branch contact telephone numbers can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

Thanks Billy

Advertisement