Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil boiler not working

• 24-11-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am after getting my oil tank filled but my boiler doesn't seem to be working. When I turn it on I press the red button and the noise starts but then cuts off after a few seconds and when I repress it it doesn't light up. I have a ahlamann boiler. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 Dave__

Did you run out of oil ? Have you bleed it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dave__ wrote: »
    Did you run out of oil ? Have you bleed it ?

I think I must have run out of oil Dave. I haven't bled it, how would I go about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Myles45 posted this pic. You bleed from the nut @ the red arrow.

DoneDL wrote: »
    Myles45 posted this pic. You bleed from the nut @ the red arrow.

Ok my boiler doesn't look like that! But I have attached a pic below is this the nut that I twist?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭boiler break downs

Millem wrote: »

Ok my boiler doesn't look like that! But I have attached a pic below is this the nut that I twist?
    that's not it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

No Millem, that's the central heating pump. The oil pump is on the burner which is attached to the boiler.

DoneDL wrote: »
    No Millem, that's the central heating pump. The oil pump is on the burner which is attached to the boiler.
    be side the red button you pressed

be side the red button you pressed
    the guy that services your boiler should have shown you how.i always show my customers and i show them the high limit button on termastate

the guy that services your boiler should have shown you how.i always show my customers and i show them the high limit button on termastate

Could I try and bleed the radiators instead as I don't seem to have this button you speak of. This happened last year and the guy turned the pump, opened it and closed it and got me to turn on heating while he was doing it. Does this sound right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭horse7

no does not work like that see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSuVBSFl8WU

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    no does not work like that see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSuVBSFl8WU

I have admitted defeat on this one and will call the handyman tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

I have admitted defeat on this one and will call the handyman tomorrow![/Quote]
    Don't call the handyman call a decent heating repairman pref Oftec reg it's the handymen that do all the damage

Advertisement