Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kre-o Mini changers?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when and if these things hit the shelves over here.

305950_4423071307811_397687253_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Haven't been solicited for a European release as far as i know.

Which surprises me, because Hasbro UK have acted the last year or so as though cheap/blind packed toys are the way forward*.

We might hear something after the UK toy fair, which is around end Jan/mid-Feb?

Or is the Nuremberg toy fair first? Can't remember.

(Personally, i absolutely loathe them, and wonder if they cheapen the brand?)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

But the good thing about these are they aren't really blind packed. If you look at the serial number, you can work out the model. There is a list online of what Kreo matches which serial number.

22981 40 - Singe
    22981 41 - Inferno
    22981 42 - Autobot Springer
    22981 43 - Warpath
    22981 44 - Quickslinger
    22981 45 - Rampage
    22981 46 - Insecticon
    22981 47 - Blast Off
    22981 48 - Decepticon Hook
    22981 49 - Dirge
    22981 50 - Airachnid
    22981 51 - Decepticon Bludgeon

That's if you can find them :D

Apparently these have been spotted in european packaging, although it was from an online supplier.

I guess it's an indicator they might be in circulation soon,.

(And i still absolutely hate them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If they're not extortionately priced and the serial code thing rings true I may pick up one or gtwo to see what they're like.

They're probably around the same price as those Lego minifigures series, which I think are around 3 or 4 quid. I'd say these would be in the 4 quid bracket. Which is mad considering you can get a set for about 5 euro (bumblebee/mirage)

• Advertisement

DBK wrote: »
    They're probably around the same price as those Lego minifigures series, which I think are around 3 or 4 quid. I'd say these would be in the 4 quid bracket. Which is mad considering you can get a set for about 5 euro (bumblebee/mirage)

Makes Cybververse toys look good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Don't think I'd be interested at the €4 bracket TBH.

Out in Slovakia......and apparently priced at 2 euro 50

Now lets see what they might cost here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Most of the mini fig range are between 2.50 and 3 quid over here.
    So I can't see it taking too much of a price jump.

This blind bagged mini fig stuff is bewildering to me.

Angry Birds Star Wars? WTF?

• Advertisement

Just seen those combiner packs for Superion and Devastator. Was well interested in them as I thought they looked cute. Until I realised you only get 4 bots not 5 in the box. The fifth member is in one of those blind packs. Now THAT is a bit cheeky. Turned me right off them.

Edit: seems you don't need the fifth member, only four to make the bot. The fifth is available just to complete the team but doesn't combine. But that still makes Devastator a man short :(

Edit: seems you don't need the fifth member, only four to make the bot. The fifth is available just to complete the team but doesn't combine. But that still makes Devastator a man short :(

TWO..... Men short.

I know, pocket money combiner toys, and $350-$500 3rd party combiners couldn't be much further removed from each other

..... but i still absolutely hate these things.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    TWO..... Men short.

Sorry, was talking about when you get the extra blind pack for Devastator, you still only have 5 and not 6. If you just get the box, you would be two short.

Dunno, I think they're cute but then again, I bought Jazz when Argos had him for a fiver and never built him. Just wanted the mini figure.

Sorry, was talking about when you get the extra blind pack for Devastator, you still only have 5 and not 6. If you just get the box, you would be two short.

Dunno, I think they're cute but then again, I bought Jazz when Argos had him for a fiver and never built him. Just wanted the mini figure.

But anything less than 6 components in Devastator doesn't count. :D

Don't mind me, just low level ranting.

Aye, I agree. For me its G1 or nought but those Hercules/Giant jobbies are really tempting me :)

Aye, I agree. For me its G1 or nought but those Hercules/Giant jobbies are really tempting me :)

If i were prone to causing trouble, i might suggest you buy both*, but if i were pressed i might suggest Giant is just much more neatly done.

(*buy both...I did)

I would probably do exact that except those masterpieces have emptied the coffers for the mo. So once Soundwave and the tapes arrive with Fort Max, I'll defo give them a look. :)

Toymaster got them in first.

Managed to nab the whole set due to the number thing on the back.

They are fun figures. Odd that they are all decepticons.
    And I love how they are pretty much 100% recycled bits.
    The Alt modes are a bit cack.
    But I got them for the Mini figure aspect and fact that they got Waspinator and Galvatron.

Cool. How much did you pay for each figure?

• Advertisement

€1.50.

For anyone who's interested, you can ID who's in the packs from the numbering on the pack. At the bottom of the front, the number 22261 is stamped, follwed by a space and another number.

0 is Crankstart
    1 is Skorponok
    2 is Waspinator
    7 is Spinister
    8 is Galvatron
    9 is Sunstorm.

MarkHall wrote: »
    €1.50.

As much as i dislike these things;......that does seem cheap.

Advertisement