Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good nappy for nightime

Options
  • 24-11-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

Hi. LO is just under 7 months and sleeps 12-13,hours at night only problm is in d past 2 weeks her nappy has leaked. I use pampers and aldi and no problem during the day but in d morning it has leaked. Some nights it could just be her vest n pjs others could be soaked through to gro bag. Any suggestions on a good night time nappy. I dont mind paying a bit more as it wil be only 1 a night. We did try changing her when we go bed but still could wake soaked and takes her a bit to settle after we wake her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I have always used pampers baby dry and never had a problem, your doing well getting LO to sleep that long so my only other suggestion would be to do a happy change when you go to bed without waking baba, when my LO was younger I usually did this and all was fine nxt morning

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Had the same problem with my son who sleeps 12 hrs. Use pampers baby dry at night and went up a size for night. Worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

edellc, i know were so lucky shes a great sleeper. We use the pampers baby dry or aldi, have been using them since day one. stock up on the pampers when there on offer and use aldi if run out. never used to have a problem. this is just a recent thing. probably because she is moving so much more at night. We have tried changing her when we go to bed but we end up waking her (dont even take her out of cot but she still wakes) it then takes her a while to re settle and she doesnt be that wet at that stage and still leaks some nights. Beachbabe i think ill try a size bigger and hope for the best.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Pampers Babydry or Aldi.. Both great imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I must try these aldi nappies everyone's raving about them. do you all use them during the day only or at night time too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Definitely Aldi nappies. I'd never use anything else now. The only time we've had leaks is when he's sick or if he drank too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I use the Lidl ones for our guy who will also be in them for 12hrs at night & never had a leak, can't beat them for price either €6.01 for 50 so we only have to buy one pack every second week :-)

My MIL suggested putting a liner that people use in reusable nappies into her ordinary nappy at night so went into town to try get them. I said it to them woman in the pharmacy who suggested getting the reusable nappy itsself in a bigger size and putting it on over her nappy. there supposed to be leak proof (arent all nappies) so bought that. Hopefully works. Ive always used Aldi or pampers and never really had a problem the odd night but now its every night. Sometimes shes that bad it has soaked right through gro bag. Never wakes her though. Im putting it down to all the moving, she does be up to the top lying sideways when i go into her in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Suucee wrote: »
    My MIL suggested putting a liner that people use in reusable nappies into her ordinary nappy at night so went into town to try get them. I said it to them woman in the pharmacy who suggested getting the reusable nappy itsself in a bigger size and putting it on over her nappy. there supposed to be leak proof (arent all nappies) so bought that. Hopefully works. Ive always used Aldi or pampers and never really had a problem the odd night but now its every night. Sometimes shes that bad it has soaked right through gro bag. Never wakes her though. Im putting it down to all the moving, she does be up to the top lying sideways when i go into her in the morning.
    I seem to have to change actual brands every now and again when my little man seems to be between sizes. Started on Pampers, then Aldi, now back to Pampers again and thankfully no major leaks! My mother had also recommended those liners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Another vote for pampers baby dry here!! We use any cheap brand during day but only those at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have used Spanish equivalent to Pampers Baby Dry (blue Dodot for anyone travelling here) since day one and have only had 1 leak in nearly a year. They are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think you need to try each one in turn. You can get single samples if you email them (emails are on their websites). All babies are slightly different shapes, and the nappies are also. Some fit better than others. Huggies were better for my niece at night, pampers active fit is better for mine than the baby-dry, but she is very wiggly in the night.

I agree with the others on going up a size. Our sign for going up a size is usually leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

We have found the lidl ones best, although I haven't tried aldi. Thought pampers were really awful, we were having a leak or 2 every day with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

I use Huggies Super Dry on my Little Man who is just over 7 months and sleeps roughly the same. Find them brilliant!
    Tried the Aldi ones but he leaked numerous times.

pwurple wrote: »
    I think you need to try each one in turn. You can get single samples if you email them (emails are on their websites). All babies are slightly different shapes, and the nappies are also. Some fit better than others. Huggies were better for my niece at night, pampers active fit is better for mine than the baby-dry, but she is very wiggly in the night.

I agree with the others on going up a size. Our sign for going up a size is usually leaks.

Awh please dont say that. Ive just bought loads of size 3 pampers when they were on offer. Have 2 of the mega boxes (136 nappies) not even opened. And receipt long gone in the bin. Shes only 7kg and they do up to 9kg. they seem to fit her perfectly its just nightime. Im hoping having the reusable nappy cover on over her ordinary nappy will work tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

+ 1 on the going up a size. We had a lot of problems with leaky nappies, until someone told us to try a bigger size at night -> never looked back. E is 10 kg now, but in size 5 nappies...

We use whatever nappies are on offer at the time - find Huggies Super Dry a bit better than Pampers, havent tried the Aldi/Lidl ones here yet (tried them in Germany though, and found them ok).

Best of luck!

Well no leaks last night and was 13 hours in the nappy. Hopefully ill get to use the rest of the size 3's before having to go up a side. Im always over stocking when things are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Well no leaks last night and was 13 hours in the nappy. Hopefully ill get to use the rest of the size 3's before having to go up a side. Im always over stocking when things are on offer.
    Ah that's good no leaks! I'm the same, I've boxes of size 3 baby dry and my man isn't even in the size 3 yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

You can still use the size 3 during the day though can't ya?

You can still use the size 3 during the day though can't ya?

I used a size 3 last night with a reusable nappy (with no liner) over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

136 of the same size is an awful lot if you only plan to use one each night? That's 5 months worth! I'm sure you can find someone to pass them along to when they grow out of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

we've tried huggies, pampers, aldi and lidl and the lidl ones have been consistently better than all the others, so we've stuck with them for the last year and hardly any leaks at all.

pwurple wrote: »
    136 of the same size is an awful lot if you only plan to use one each night? That's 5 months worth! I'm sure you can find someone to pass them along to when they grow out of them. :)

No i use them day and night. Thats why bought 2 boxes when on offer. When u said go up a size i didnt realise u just meant for night. But so far having the reusable on over the ordinary nappy seems to be working fine.

Advertisement