Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 13 Match Day Thread

• 24-11-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭

Fun starts early and looking for a 0-0 in Sunderland V West Brom......

Then plenty of this..........

hi-res-151151885_display_image.jpg?1349865460

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

16jhco9.jpg

I'd be more than happy with a 0-0 in it too. Less so with RVP!

I need Bale, Valencia and Jelavic to seriously step up their games for me this week. With their fixtures, no reason they shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

3 gameweeks over 9 days is going to be great craic. It means 3 transfers available over nine days too so people can change their teams a good bit and prices will rocket/ fall quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Pleaseeeee just let things pan out better then last week!:o another week of 20 below the average and my season is well and truly over! Banking on a good few people in my private leagues getting caught out with the extra fixtures during the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

West Brom team v Sunderland: Myhill; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Morrison; Odemwingie, Gera, Brunt, Long.

Sunderland XI: Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, Cuellar, O'Shea, Cattermole (c), Colback, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Fletcher. #SAFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Two free transfers in this week were Johnson and Fletcher so will be having a keen interest in this one:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Pleaseeeee just let things pan out better then last week!:o another week of 20 below the average and my season is well and truly over! Banking on a good few people in my private leagues getting caught out with the extra fixtures during the week!

Me too. Had a mare last week. 24 points. Plummeted in all my leagues. Gonna take a long time to recover from that.

Rvp most captained again . Tevez most vice captained .

How many of these are still playing I wonder .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If you have VP, you'll be captaining him against a poor managerless QPR. In fact, if you have hime, you'll likley captain him every week to justify the price tag.
    Tevez I'm not so sure about. I guess partly because he did well last week and are playing a tentative Chelsea side who ship goals (unless Rafa worked wonders in just 1 session)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

A nice nil all draw or even just a West Brom CS would really be a nice start to the gameweek for me! Although in saying that i thought the same about Bales goal last week and it all went pear shaped after that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

O'Shea lucky to be still on the pitch.

• Advertisement

Gera goal . Odemwingie assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Great goal from Gera. Can't believe Mike Dean booked Long after O'Shea fouled him, O'Shea should be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

O'Shea should be gone yeah, very harsh to book Long and the ref was a few yards from it.

Good start for WBA.

Ref is giving Sunderland alot of soft frees, foul against Long there after going shoulder to shoulder, he seems intent on sending him off.

dahat wrote: »

Hoping for plenty of this..

luis-suarez-liverpool-cropped

This..

Dimitar+Berbatov+Fulham+v+West+Bromwich+Albion+VEKW-4YXBC0l.jpg

And this..

80eda_b99db_120820093354-football-van-persie-manu-plays-story-top.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

dahat wrote: »

they're at home, no way will they be wearing the white jerseys:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

^ Berbatov playing Stoke, I'm not expecting much of that tbh

What an error by Mignolet .

Long goal

Long goal, Mignolet howler.

Long's 7th goal of the season. :eek:

^ Berbatov playing Stoke, I'm not expecting much of that tbh
    He'll get at least 2 goals. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Brought in Mignolet this week.... great start ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Brought in Mignolet this week.... great start ha

Started him instead of the save machine Jussi. Imagine i'll regret that :rolleyes: Cuellar my 2nd sub thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The O'Neill factor just doesn't seem to be working at Sunderland this year.

He spent a good few pound on Fletcher and Johnson too.

Nice to see Long scoring, hope he doesnt get sent off now.

Long so close to a second there.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

I was worried about this last week on seeing the sudden rush to bring in Fletcher/Johnson, it might have been a revival of sorts, or alternatively the freak routing of a team down to ten men for the bulk of the match.

Think Adam Johnson is shockingly overrated, he'll be another Downing nothing player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

well done o' shea - 0 points from you this week, well next week yer out REEEEGHTTT!

I was worried about this last week on seeing the sudden rush to bring in Fletcher/Johnson, it might have been a revival of sorts, or alternatively the freak routing of a team down to ten men for the bulk of the match.

I rate Fletcher but he seems starved of service every week. Lad does well to score at all in this Sunderland team. I'd rather Berba in that price range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Santi101 wrote: »
    I rate Fletcher but he seems starved of service every week. Lad does well to score at all in this Sunderland team. I'd rather Berba in that price range.

I totally agree, people often seem to write off individual players when their lack of returns is largely a result of lack of support across the team. His early season returns were amazing given how little Sunderland created, if they were playing in any way reasonably I'd bring him in without hesitation.

Advertisement