Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pub/reopening in Ringsend?!

Options
  • 24-11-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the deal is with the new pub in Ringsend.
    Was waitin for the bus to town and had a gander through the door all wooden and fancy lookin!
    I asked around at the garage I work in and they said it used to be called Raytown bar/hobblers end?
    It looks grand wonder if they do grub.
    Badly needed in Ringsend.
    Handy for the Aviva like!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

gavsmith wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the deal is with the new pub in Ringsend.
    Was waitin for the bus to town and had a gander through the door all wooden and fancy lookin!
    I asked around at the garage I work in and they said it used to be called Raytown bar/hobblers end?
    It looks grand wonder if they do grub.
    Badly needed in Ringsend.
    Handy for the Aviva like!

The Yacht
    The Orsman
    The Shipwright
    Irishtown House
    The Vintage
    Gleesons
    John Clarkes

All within 350 Yards of each other. Ringsend needs another pub alright ;)

Only Kidding. They didn't do much to it just gave it a lick of paint and opened the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gavsmith

TheBlock wrote: »

The Yacht
    The Orsman
    The Shipwright
    Irishtown House
    The Vintage
    Gleesons
    John Clarkes

All within 350 Yards of each other. Ringsend needs another pub alright ;)

Only Kidding. They didn't do much to it just gave it a lick of paint and opened the doors.

Most of those pubs you mentioned are horrible awful!
    Do you know if they do food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The Orsman is a great little bar an oasis calm , now does food !

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

The orsman is not a great little bar, not even compared to the rest of the ****holes around, I think the guy who runs it is in another world and just wanted a pub with a D4 address but is light years of our Haddington rd buddys, vintage be your best bet, no riff raff and a reasonable pub character & feel to it, not sure about food tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think the OP is talking about the Dock Inn, used to be called the Hobblers End and before that Bunits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

gurramok wrote: »
    I think the OP is talking about the Dock Inn, used to be called the Hobblers End and before that Bunits.

Yeah sorry got off the point there, doesn't do food I'm pretty sure, has music on regularly and good family run, Place, pint is ok but no deals or anything tho, and heard recently it's struggling already, no surprise there, it would have to be a ramble down bath ave end or back up sandymount if your after a bite worth heading out for

The orsman is not a great little bar, not even compared to the rest of the ****holes around, I think the guy who runs it is in another world and just wanted a pub with a D4 address but is light years of our Haddington rd buddys, vintage be your best bet, no riff raff and a reasonable pub character & feel to it, not sure about food tho

Yeah, I went into Oarsman a few times. There's an older woman workin there who is probably the most sour thing I've ever come across in my life.
    Got spicy wings before, how can you go wrong with spicy wings. Theres weren't great. The blue cheese dip tasted like it had been left out fridge all day.
    Could be a nice pub if the staff were a bit nicer.
    Went into the Dock, it is a very rough pub. Wont be back.
    Have been to Vintage and its a sound place. Grand locals and staff are quick. Heard they do lunch and theyd be busy. Had Sunday dinner there last month and it was really tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Ringsend must have changed. I spent (too) many happy hours in the Oarsman and The Yacht whilst living in Dublin in 2008/9. The Shipwright was a bit 'edgy' right enough and the Hobblers End always empty. I'm back for a visit next month so should I avoid :confused:

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Ringsend must have changed. I spent (too) many happy hours in the Oarsman and The Yacht whilst living in Dublin in 2008/9. The Shipwright was a bit 'edgy' right enough and the Hobblers End always empty. I'm back for a visit next month so should I avoid :confused:

I quite like The Yacht. I head in there with the lads every few weeks. Good Guinness and it's kitchy pub. No airs or graces. Kind of a novelty. Shipwright is a hole!
    Ya I've heard some not so sound stuff about The Oarsman.

Advertisement