Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy Mac/Benefit

• 24-11-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm going to New York for a few days in December so I'm waiting until then to stock up on my regular Mac and Benefit purchases. Can anyone tell me if it is cheaper to but these from the duty free in the airport or in the department stores in New York? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Go to a Sephora store, they have Benefit and all the big brands (not Mac though), excellent staff and always throw in some samples of cosmetics or perfumes when you buy. The prices are cheaper for most things, especially the American brands likes Urban Decay, Benefit and their own exclusive brands like Kat Von D and Sephora own brand.

There are loads of standalone Mac stores in NY and the prices are way better than here, great staff too.

I flew out from JFK and my terminal didn't have Mac, and the rest of the make up stands were a state; messy, very little stock and no staff. There were no prices on display so I couldn't compare. I wouldn't bother waiting for the airport! Enjoy the service and variety in NY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

MAC in Dublin Airport might be worth a look (assuming you're flying out of there). Cheaper than in BTs and with the transatlantic flight it works out even cheaper again, I've no idea how it would compare to MAC in NY (with sales tax it might work out to be similar prices).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Did you know, you can check the prices on the airport website? I just saw this recently. For example, http://www.theloop.ie/m/129/shadow/609

Then check a website like macys: http://www1.macys.com/shop/beauty/mac-eyeshadow?id=46587&edge=hybrid (make sure to be on the us version of the site, not the Irish one). I think make up has sales tax so add about 10% on to the price and then convert to Euro.

Then you should have the exact answer to your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭khan86

Thanks for all the great tips guys! Anything to save a buck! :)

Advertisement