Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Clogherhead

Options
  • 24-11-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I am in the process of buying a house in Clogherhead and am in the process of deciding on which broadband provider to go with. Any advice or info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

Just thought that I would add that so far it appears to me that Digiweb NGB broadband with anytime calls at 50.68 per month is maybe the one that I would be thinking of going with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Digiweb should be there, you don't have to get the calls if you don't want either.

Say you want to shop around for cheaper calls. They are very reliable but I think overpriced for the speed you get. 3mb for 30 euro.

Check if eircom are around too, vodafone I think are possibly around too and magnet maybe even.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

My mother lives in Clogher and she's with eircom. Seemed good enough when ever I used it and that was 2 years ago.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like it will be a straight choice between NGB broadband and anytime calls from Digiweb and Eircom. The calls appear to be better value with Digiweb and as they would be using the same line I assume that the broadband speed would be the same from both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Newonhere wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys, looks like it will be a straight choice between NGB broadband and anytime calls from Digiweb and Eircom. The calls appear to be better value with Digiweb and as they would be using the same line I assume that the broadband speed would be the same from both.

Not necessarily, eircom have faster speeds for cheaper, broadband only anyway. That is if the line can handle the 8mb or whatever it is in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

I'm in Clogherhead and on Eircom. As far as I remember the cost was 39.99 for the first 6 months rising to 45 per month thereafter. I also get a €5 add-on that allows me unlimited download allowance which I take full advantage of by streaming or downloading all my live sport and movies. Speed is generally never slower than 5mb. I don't use it for calls at all so can't really advise on that.

Did you go for the house on Chapel Hill in t'end?

Hi Heathen, thanks for the info, yes I had an offer on the house in Clogherhead accepted looks like end of February to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Hello Newonhere
    Net1 have good service in Clogherhead, offering 5 meg and almost the same on upload. Theres a voip line available.

Rugbyman

Advertisement