Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Issue Dooradoyle

• 24-11-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Is there any outtage in the Dooradoyle area today as don't have any internet on my Smart Telecom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

liamg67 wrote: »
    Is there any outtage in the Dooradoyle area today as don't have any internet on my Smart Telecom

In Raheen and I find the internet is up and down like a yo-yo. Haven't had any phone line since yesterday but thank **** the internet is working again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

While faults can happen to anyone there is an extraordinary lack of professionalism on Smart's part in respect of these incidents.

There was a bbb outage at the beginning of the month and now this and in neither case was there any updates on the switch or apologies to customers.(afaik anyway)

Can it be that hard to put a message on a switch?

In fact when you ring the support no they don't even identify themselves as Smart telecom!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This morning still no phone service and their support no isn't working!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just looking to get broadband in the Dooradoyle/Raheen region. Just wondering how you are finding Smart(my current preferred choice), and whether outages such as that above is frequent? Looking to swap from midband to proper broadband.

Apologies for bump, but felt that a new thread was unnecessary, and that users from the area are more likely to notice posts in this thread, having already been subscribed.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Just looking to get broadband in the Dooradoyle/Raheen region. Just wondering how you are finding Smart(my current preferred choice), and whether outages such as that above is frequent? Looking to swap from midband to proper broadband.

Apologies for bump, but felt that a new thread was unnecessary, and that users from the area are more likely to notice posts in this thread, having already been subscribed.

I'm currently in France on Erasmus so couldn't tell ya, but my brother back at home has UPC, he seems to think it's much better than smart but I suppose each to their own .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'm currently in France on Erasmus so couldn't tell ya, but my brother back at home has UPC, he seems to think it's much better than smart but I suppose each to their own .
    Price is the issue with UPC. Unwilling to swap TV provider which makes UPC very expensive

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Price is the issue with UPC. Unwilling to swap TV provider which makes UPC very expensive

Id say for convenience just go with Smart, the internet can be up and down but generally it's grand like. nothing too special but does the trick

Advertisement