Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

window 8 bluescreen problem

Options
  • 24-11-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi All,

I just got windows 8 and I am trying to get it to connect to my home wifi with a dongle, I have downloaded the drivers for it and it connects. 5 seconds after the dongle has connected to wifi I get a bluescreen and then it restarts. This happens everytime.

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling driver and I have tried multiple drivers for it but no luck so far.

I am hoping somebody on here can give me and answer.

Jordan.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just got windows 8 and I am trying to get it to connect to my home wifi with a dongle, I have downloaded the drivers for it and it connects. 5 seconds after the dongle has connected to wifi I get a bluescreen and then it restarts. This happens everytime.

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling driver and I have tried multiple drivers for it but no luck so far.

I am hoping somebody on here can give me and answer.

Jordan.

Sounds like the driver you are using isn't Windows 8 compatable, or has issues with Windows 8. What error does the blue screen show (0xXXXXXX code)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

the error it shows is "IRQL_unexpected_value"

Advertisement