Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just passed Theory Test... now what?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I just passed my Theory Test today.

I turned 17 this August just gone so im just wondering what am I eligible to do? :confused:

Can I drive on the roads?

Can I get a Learner's Permit?

Do I need someone with a Full Licence in the Car with me?

How can I get a Full Licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

Well done :) your a step closer, how ever you still have a long way to go
    http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Your-learner-permit/How-to-apply/

go to a local garda station and ask for a
    Learner Permit Application Form D 201, after you get it fill it out
    then go to your local Motor Tax Office
    Your application should include your theory test pass certificate, the fee (€15), the completed application form and an eyesight report (Form D502) from your GP or your optician, and a medical report (Form D501) ( i didnt need my medical report, but the person at the garda station said i did)

after all that has finished you need your Essential Driver Training (EDT)
    EDT is a course of twelve lessons that must be completed before sitting a driving test. They are designed to help you prepare for the practical driving test, cover some of the most important skills and behaviours (driving habits) that a learner driver must have, guide your progress, and highlight the contribution the Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) and Sponsor (person who accompanies you while you're practising) make to this process. The first eight lessons must be done in order and the last four can be done in any order.
    EDT is a very intense course and should be spread out over time so that practice on each topic is completed before moving on to the next topic. The RSA recommend that you leave a two week gap between each EDT lesson and that the course is completed over a minimum period of six months. This is to enable practice of each EDT lesson and to prepare for your next EDT lesson. The practice should be done with a 'sponsor' or with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) or a mixture of both.

for the 12 lessons you are looking at around 300-350 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leftyjrjr085

Well done :) your a step closer, how ever you still have a long way to go
    http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Your-learner-permit/How-to-apply/

go to a local garda station and ask for a
    Learner Permit Application Form D 201, after you get it fill it out
    then go to your local Motor Tax Office
    Your application should include your theory test pass certificate, the fee (€15), the completed application form and an eyesight report (Form D502) from your GP or your optician, and a medical report (Form D501) ( i didnt need my medical report, but the person at the garda station said i did)

after all that has finished you need your Essential Driver Training (EDT)
    EDT is a course of twelve lessons that must be completed before sitting a driving test. They are designed to help you prepare for the practical driving test, cover some of the most important skills and behaviours (driving habits) that a learner driver must have, guide your progress, and highlight the contribution the Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) and Sponsor (person who accompanies you while you're practising) make to this process. The first eight lessons must be done in order and the last four can be done in any order.
    EDT is a very intense course and should be spread out over time so that practice on each topic is completed before moving on to the next topic. The RSA recommend that you leave a two week gap between each EDT lesson and that the course is completed over a minimum period of six months. This is to enable practice of each EDT lesson and to prepare for your next EDT lesson. The practice should be done with a 'sponsor' or with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) or a mixture of both.

for the 12 lessons you are looking at around 300-350 euro

Thanks I found everything I needed on that website :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

Your welcome :) i have 11/12 EDT lessons done, im just waiting for the "6 months" to finish so i can go and do my full licence,i will do my last lesson about 2 weeks before i do my full test, but a day or so before the test i will go and do a pre-test, im confident though, i can drive well and have yet had a problem, must wait until February, anyway best of luck to you, its all worth it.

Advertisement