Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8, explorer.exe keeps restarting

Options
  • 24-11-2012 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

I need help, like a fool i thought i could install windows 8 over windows 7 and it would fix the problem but it seems to have carried over. When i had windows 7 installed explorer.exe would crash and restart everytime i would use the search function or tried to open up my documents or something like that, I thought by installing windows 8 over this would fix the problem when i upgraded but it seems to have carried over :/ now it happens when i try to use the desktop sometimes and when i try to open my docs, computer etc ect except this time it doesnt give me a message the screen goes white and resets everything. I bared with it for a while but now im getting annoyed with it:mad: Any one know of any fixes or wht this problem sounds like?

EDIT: may have fixed it, deleted asus webstorage it may have been interfering with explorer, seems to be fixed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alt4n0rp

Same problem. bump.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you want a stable system you should only upgrade a stable system.

When you upgrade it's supposed to inherit the settings and programs etc. . If there is a problem with any of these you may well inherit the problem.

The fix is to hope the the fix for the original problem could still work, otherwise its back to square one.

Since they system has been upgraded a lot of the evidence of the original problem may have been overwritten.

Usual stuff - check for malware

You can probably rule out hardware and corrupt windows program files (though not registry or settings files)

Do you get any error messages ?

Advertisement