Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Voices Dingle 2012

Options
  • 24-11-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread for this so sorry if there's one already.

Is anyone of thinking of heading down to Dingle for this?

Apparently this year there'll be tickets give away down in Dingle (not sure if this happened other years). Like other years, the music will be streamed in to some of the pubs.

RTE will be showing music live on tv on the Sunday and Monday too.

Has anyone headed down without tickets before? Considering it doing it this year but money would be an issue. Do hostels/B and B's etc charge a lot for the weekend?

Also, is it just me or is there far less tickets been given away this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    Had 2 tickets for the Sunday but can't make it anymore, raging :(

Always a great few days, been at the gigs the last few years!

Follow them on twitter for all the comps.

Don't suppose you still have those tickets handy?

Did you make it to the venue itself the years you went? Or saw the gigs in pubs?

Cheers, been following them on twitter alright. Not many tickets going and lots of interest but sure if you're not in, you can't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    Already gone! And yep into the Church!

I think theres separate comps on the facebook page so keep an eye on there too!

Ah thought they'd be gone alright but it was worth a shot!ha

Thanks, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was watching other voices the other night and some london band were being interviewed by Aiden Gillen. As a big London punk/post punk fan my ears pricked up a little when the band referred to their "squat". I thought...that's interesting, then Gillen probed a little further with a single question...."you live in a squat?" The jist of their answer was they live with their mammies and have a rehearsal space in London which has a couch, which they referred to as the "squat"....ha bless em!!

Tune in next week when they discuss the drummers drug problem.....ie he had an acute ear infection and was only allowed by one packet of panadol in spar..so the singer bought one too thus the drummer had two packets...and the spar manager nearly caught them...

Advertisement