Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Aston Villa

• 24-11-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Stevens, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Weimann, Bannan, Agbonlahor, Benteke. Subs: Given, Ireland, Albrighton, Holman, Delph, Bowery, Lichaj.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Mannone, Sagna, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Coquelin, Arshavin, Gervinho.

Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)

2-0 Arsenal please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

John Barnes and Tony Adams talking pure ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thanks! Was about to create a match thread for this game! ;)

Arteta captain today. Hope Arsenal continue their great record against Villa. A early goal and an avalanche after is what I'm hoping for!

0-4 :D

Game is live on ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fancy Villa to sneak a point here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

lol espn analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Tony Adams talks alot of rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What's he been saying ?

greendom wrote: »
    What's he been saying ?
    Kos and Mert being too different, zonal marking, blah blah..…… hit mute

Stewart Robson is the "expert" on my US stream - needless to say its on silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Stewart Robson is the "expert" on my US stream - needless to say its on silent.

Same here. Fox. Who is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

El Ahmadi booked for diving, good to see a ref picking up on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Soups123 wrote: »
    Kos and Mert being too different, zonal marking, blah blah..…… hit mute

Of course if it was Kos and Verm the line would be that they're too similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Is Darren Bent totally out of favour with Villa now or injured or what? See he's not in squad at all..

Tame enough stuff so far, no real chances

Ramsey did well there to force a save.

What'll we go with? I'm saying it's because of the weather.

Arsenal finally showing some ability to break through the Villa defence

Lucky escape there, pathetic stuff.

villa goal correctly ruled offside, Arsenal defending very predictable

Lucky escape there, pathetic stuff.

Why on earth do you continue to watch matches if literally all you do is moan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Ramsey did well there to force a save.

Did well do get the shot off, but has been shocking once again, usual dawdling on the ball, doing stupid shimmys and turns.

• Advertisement

Why on earth do you continue to watch matches if literally all you do is moan?

What in the name of **** are you talking about? A quick search for "get in" will show that I don't generally complain when we score. Are you satisfied with the performance so far against the team third from bottom in the table?

f uck, wrong man in the right place

Ah Koscielny! Should have done better with that.

kos's movement a la Giroud - unfortunately not the finish

What in the name of **** are you talking about? A quick search for "get in" will show that I don't generally complain when we score. Are you satisfied with the performance so far against the team third from bottom in the table?

So you thought this would be a walk in the park ? That's as deluded as any fan boy

No I'm not happy but it hasn't been the worst performance. It's 0-0 and not even half time and you're already spouting ****e about excuses. United went 2-0 against this exact team ffs.

Happy enough. I think we'll nick it in the 2nd half. Villa are brutal in the 2nd half.

So you thought this would be a walk in the park ? That's as deluded as any fan boy
    So I shouldn't expect to win. I guess having ridiculously low expectations would be one way to be happier watching this.
    No I'm not happy but it hasn't been the worst performance. It's 0-0 and not even half time and you're already spouting ****e about excuses. United went 2-0 against this exact team ffs.
    I don't really care what United did, it has nothing to do with our poor defending, dozens of underhit passes etc. It's been a bloody crap performance so far against one of the worst teams in the league.

Tame first half but okay, reckon we'll win it. Wilshire off the bench for Ramsey to up the pace.

• Advertisement

Mertesacker motm so far. That tackle in the box was luvverly

DenMan wrote: »
    Same here. Fox. Who is he?

An ex-Arsenal player who seems to hate everything about Arsenal. For some reason he had a regular spot on Arsenal.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

sloppy first half. Im hopeful Arsenal will take control for the last half hour and push on and win this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

This game has been dreadful so far. Hopefully Arsenal can do a bit more now in the 2nd half

So I shouldn't expect to win. I guess having ridiculously low expectations would be one way to be happier watching this.

I don't really care what United did, it has nothing to do with our poor defending, dozens of underhit passes etc. It's been a bloody crap performance so far against one of the worst teams in the league.

you seem to have ridiculously low expectations of Aston Villa - they're a decent team with an excellent manager - it was never going to be easy as Villa will not finish anywhere near the bottom 3 come season's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Game needs more Jack Wilshere

• Advertisement

Buttonftw wrote: »

Arsenal haven't defended poorly in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I was rather bored so far to be honest.
    But I agree, this looks one for the taking in second half.

you seem to have ridiculously low expectations of Aston Villa - they're a decent team with an excellent manager - it was never going to be easy as Villa will not finish anywhere near the bottom 3 come season's end.
    Are there any poor teams in the Premier League then?
    Soups123 wrote: »
    Arsenal haven't defended poorly in this game
    Last line has been fine, allowing Villa far too much time on the ball before that.

Close from Santi. Nice build up with Giroud.

I don't like having Oxlade-Chamberlain not through the middle, he should be on the ball as much as possible in matches like these when we need something to change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Epic 'tache.

This guy looks like the Christian Bale

I'd love to see a compilation of all Giroud's shots from outside the box since joining Arsenal. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Vlaar off, this won't end well.

Could do with a goal here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

No pressing,were literally inviting them onto us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Norwich all over again

Ramsey off Wilshire on needs to happen

Bah, nearly scored from a corner.

iMuse wrote: »
    Norwich all over again
    Nah Norwich was 10 times worse than this

• Advertisement