Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 transfers

• 24-11-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Only a short turn around this time.
    A dull one for me. Cashed in on McAuley and got Garrido. He'll be bench fodder in my 3-4-3 but McAuley has probably peaked in terms of profit potential and that 0.7 can be used to reinforce my midfield.
    Last chance saloon for RVP. Taking the armband away from him and he's never getting it again. I dont care who he's playing or what Nice Guys on here try and convince me otherwise. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I have 2 free transfers this week and i think one will be Baines out.

I got him in for gameweek 8 and he has got me 2, 4, 1, 4, 1, 2 since.

1 assist in gameweek 9 against Liverpool.

I have lost patience and 7.5m tied up in a defender that is not keeping clean sheets or scoring/assisting is not good.

He was already on the chopping board this week but i said i would give him a chance since he was at home to Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i'm just not sure i'm bothered to get rid of baines. all this fixture congestion coming up and you just know he's going to start every one of the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

manual_man wrote: »
    i'm just not sure i'm bothered to get rid of baines. all this fixture congestion coming up and you just know he's going to start every one of the games

There's a lot of Stoke, Norwich and West Ham defenders costing about 3m less who also start every game, have better fixtures and have a chance at keeping clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

There's a lot of Stoke, Norwich and West Ham defenders costing about 3m less who also start every game, have better fixtures and have a chance at keeping clean sheets.

I would keep Baines. They will eventually start keeping the odd clean sheet, the bonus points always rack up. I can't see players like Garrido keeping up their current points-rate.

I'm keeping this weeks freebie and thinking of going RVP and Crouch to Suarez and Tevez next weekend (Ba is my third striker). Might ditch Rafeal too and free up a bit of extra cash to go Suarez and Aguero instead, haven't decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

yet he's still ahead of all of them in the points charts. i see Baines as someone for the whole season anyway, i see his points return improving soon, there's not a defender in the game that comes close to his attacking returns, fact. not to mention the 13bp he's amassed so far. there'll be weeks when he won't bring in much, sure, but then there'll be weeks when he brings in big points, and everyone'll be raving about him again, that's just the nature of this game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think i've finally lost patience with Pienaar and Jelavic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Is Sterling worth a -4 point hit?

EDIT: What about Long? he does look like he give in decent returns until WBA run out of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

eh i dunno wrote: »

Those 2 are useless so far this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Want2know wrote: »
    Those 2 are useless so far this year.

Pienaar was pretty good early on in the season? :confused:

Pienaar was pretty good early on in the season? :confused:

He's only scored double digits once this season & the last time he racked up decent points was GW8.

I have him but will be getting rid as soon as I can today was his last chance. With no Fellaini there thought he might do something, how wrong I was.

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Is Sterling worth a -4 point hit?

EDIT: What about Long? he does look like he give in decent returns until WBA run out of form.

Wouldnt do it for either of them. Liverpool have Spurs away next and Sterling isnt exactly prolific. Long might be worth a punt but he'll have to score 1 more than whoever you drop just to make up the difference. Is he likely to do that? He is playing well and they do have swansea next so maybe he's worth a punt but you could just wait till 8pm on Tuesday evening and pick him up without any points hit. Who do you have currently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Want2know wrote: »
    He's only scored double digits once this season & the last time he racked up decent points was GW8.

I have him but will be getting rid as soon as I can today was his last chance. With no Fellaini there thought he might do something, how wrong I was.

I'm the same. Thought Pienaar was a good shout today with Fellaini out.

Transferring him out this week, just not sure who for yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Cazorla to Silva maybe? 2 million in the bank.

Mata, Fellaini, Morrison, Sterling as my other midfielders.

Any better options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Suarez to Fletcher for me,purely till the DGW passes,had hoped a game v QPR would be easier than it will be now Arry is in charge.
    At least Sunderland are starting to score a few now though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Time for me to get rid of my Everton players. Thinking Pienaar for Silva this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Wouldnt do it for either of them. Liverpool have Spurs away next and Sterling isnt exactly prolific. Long might be worth a punt but he'll have to score 1 more than whoever you drop just to make up the difference. Is he likely to do that? He is playing well and they do have swansea next so maybe he's worth a punt but you could just wait till 8pm on Tuesday evening and pick him up without any points hit. Who do you have currently?

I have:

Jussi/Begovic

Cameron/Rafael/Hughes/Clyne/Clark
    Mata/Silva/Kacanikic (Inj)/Michu/Cazorla
    RVP/Flecther/Ba

I'm planning on getting rid of Kacanikic as he is injured and might consider Long for Fletcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Wanted to see how Suarez and Ba played tomorrow before making a decision about bringing Suarez in for Ba but looks like Suarez is due to rise tonight so might have to make that move sooner then I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

eh i dunno wrote: »

Yeah I had Jelavic for about 4 weeks and he was frustrating as hell, just not cutting it this season. I dumped him and brought in the much cheaper Long for the last 3 GW's and he has more than done the business for me in that period. I'll probably chance keeping Long for another 2-3 weeks to see if I can get another goal out of him and then will transfer him. Had a few other cheap-ish strikers this season like Crouch and Lambert but didnt hit them at the right time.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm thinking about moving Cazorla on for the midweek games. We go to Everton and he looked out of sorts today at Villa, lad looks fatigued but we cant rest him. Chelsea have Fulham at home so thinking Hazard or Mata in....but I'm also thinking Silva is nearly at the stage where he might warrant a go, I'll watch him closely tomorrow to see his form as the lad has disappointed for alot of this year IMO bar the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

As much as i love him and hes doing wonders for the pool, in terms of FF Suarez picking up that yellow to give him a suspension would make my transfer decision much easier this week! Really want to bring him in but know the second i do he will get the ban!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

As much as i love him and hes doing wonders for the pool, in terms of FF Suarez picking up that yellow to give him a suspension would make my transfer decision much easier this week! Really want to bring him in but know the second i do he will get the ban!

i'm hoping he gets that yellow v spurs so that he misses southampton at home, otherwise I think i might just have to bring him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »

i'm hoping he gets that yellow v spurs so that he misses southampton at home, otherwise I think i might just have to bring him in.

I actually wouldn't mind if he gets it today. He'll miss Spurs away Wednesday night and be back rested for next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I have 2 free transfers this week and i think one will be Baines out.

I got him in for gameweek 8 and he has got me 2, 4, 1, 4, 1, 2 since.

1 assist in gameweek 9 against Liverpool.

I have lost patience and 7.5m tied up in a defender that is not keeping clean sheets or scoring/assisting is not good.

He was already on the chopping board this week but i said i would give him a chance since he was at home to Norwich.

I've debated getting rid of Baines (also got him GW8) but not going to do it, mainly because he has the ability to score 10+ in a week. He's had numerous chances and has been unlucky not to score. While this can be annoying for a striker, for a defender this is a bonus so until I need the money elsewhere he stays.

I've two FT's this week, looking at Berbs back to Fletcher once I've seen how todays games go. Not sure whether I'll use my other FT or not, the plan was to get in a Sunderland defender but they really looked rubbish yesterday against WB.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind if he gets it today. He'll miss Spurs away Wednesday night and be back rested for next weekend.

I'm hoping he can avoid it till he misses the FA cup game in January. Tis a big ask as he'll probably get it this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm hoping he can avoid it till he misses the FA cup game in January. Tis a big ask as he'll probably get it this afternoon.

Not a hope. He has 4 cards in 12 games.

Ba & Berbatov out

Tevez & Fletcher in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lots of knee jerk action with players bringing Long in this week! Cant really see him being too prolific compared to other 3rd striker options!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Isnt that the name of the game though mate? Strike while players are hot? Obviously you'll have a core of players that you would like to stick with.

I've had Long for 3 weeks and he's been solid for me in the period. Dont envisage keeping him longer than another 2 weeks I'd say. I've been playing around with the 3rd striker a bit and Long has been the best so far. Berbatov I havent tried yet even though he's had some great weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

more stoke for me
    welcome shawcross goodbye ridgewell have begs also
    have 2 transfers and tempted to stick in huth also with an home
    game coming up...daft i know

plenty more dead wood id like to rid of raphael being one
    of them and cuellar
    ill stick with baines a little longer

berba too good to get rid of imo for the price
    plenty of goals in him especially at home
    prob is they are muck away

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Thinking of dumping Baines & Pienaar for Enrique & Silva. Fed up with Everton, but will still have Fellani. Think City could get a few against Wigan, and need the Baines cash to afford him.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hazard out for either Silva or Cazorla for me

Advertisement